Sign in to follow this  
MikeyD

R2V Riva Ridge playthrough up on Youtube

I stumbled across these 2 videos by Ts4EVER that had been uploaded almost a month ago and was surprised they hadn't got a mention on the board. A pitch battle along Riva Ridge. 'Spoiler warning' if you haven't played the scenario yet, if you're sensitive to such stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AOwd6W0orI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_kJ7RLoBA

Edited by MikeyD

Notice how the BAR and water cooled HMGs pick up the slack of the springfields. That was a nightmare with them, imagine fighting as allies without the autos.

Edited by user1000

I recall, or perhaps grossly mis-recall, a (real world) kills-per-shot statistic. Bolt action rifles averaged 8 rounds fired per casualty produced. Semi auto was closer to 20. Full auto would climb into the hundreds or rounds fired per casualty. Again, this is something I read once long ago and my numbers may be entirely off. But you get the general point.

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2020 at 10:38 AM, MikeyD said:

I recall, or perhaps grossly mis-recall, a (real world) kills-per-shot statistic. Bolt action rifles averaged 8 rounds fired per casualty produced. Semi auto was closer to 20. Full auto would climb into the hundreds or rounds fired per casualty. Again, this is something I read once long ago and my numbers may be entirely off. But you get the general point.

..... Also you have to really plan your artillery well as Brazilian EF on this one, helps a bunch.

Edited by user1000