Sign in to follow this  
Sakai007

Where to find a Chaffee

I was attempting to set up a QB with American versus German forces. I set the date to May of 45 and was figuring I would see the M24 light tank in the US ToE. I did not, and then I searched using several different months of 45 and couldn't find it. I looked on the Wikipedia and it said it also served with British forces, so I looked under their toe and I couldn't find it there either. Didn't know if this was a bug or if I'm just not looking in the right place.

So the Chaffee is indeed available in the full mission editor in May'45, but not in QB force selection. Like with the BMP-3 in CMSF2, available in full mission editor, not available in QB selection.

So to clarify, the M24 is available in the editor but not QB. Additionally, the US Armoured Cavalry Squadron with M5s isn't either. There is the M8/Jeep Cavalry Squadron and that's it, not the tank variant.

You are right! I just checked the M24 chafee isn't listed in the armor for quick battles. M5 is listed. It should be there since it is in TOE. Interstingly also, they phased the priest out because that is not available late in the war as well.

Edited by user1000

So to clarify, the M24 is available in the editor but not QB.

Confirmed and reported internally. QA 8089

the BMP-3 in CMSF2, available in full mission editor, not available in QB selection.

Confirmed and reported internally. QA 8090

Edited by Bud Backer