Sales and gifitng

Hi,

I own all the Combat Mission titles.  But I have friends who are committed wargamers who although they would like your products find them too expensive.  I'm just wondering if it would make sense for you to offer your older titles at a discount to induce such people in...

Also, is there a way to buy your products as gifts?

Cheers

Jon

4 hours ago, Majick said:

Hi,

I own all the Combat Mission titles.  But I have friends who are committed wargamers who although they would like your products find them too expensive.  I'm just wondering if it would make sense for you to offer your older titles at a discount to induce such people in...

Also, is there a way to buy your products as gifts?

Cheers

Jon

What @Badger73 did is what most people do. Alternately, if you open a Help Desk ticket I can tell the process to buy a gift certificate if that is the way that you'd like to go. The process is:

Use the PayPal address of : funds@battlefront.com and send the amount that you would like to have the gift certificate made out for. 

Open a Help Desk ticket and let us know 1) that you did it 2) the name that you would like on the certificate 3) the email address that you would like it to be sent to 4) the name and email address of the person who made the transfer.

The certificate will be sent to the email address after confirmation on the fund transfer. This is something that is not done very often and there is no automated way for us to know that a payment has been sent. That's why you'd need to let us know so that we can manually look it up.

Here's a crazy thought. Maybe a lottery of sorts? Stop sniggering and hear me out. 60 tickets at a dollar a piece and the winner takes home a title of their choice. So the possibility, admittedly a small possibility, of getting a game for a few dollars or even a single dollar. That or the consolation you've made a minor contribution to help somebody else getting a CM game they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford.

Finer details and rules would have to sorted out but it's at least plausible, assuming it's even legal.

Or not in which case just forget I ever posted this....

Edited by AlanSA

Thanks for the responses.

Elvis, Item 4 on the ticket, would that be my name and email if I was the person gifting it?

As far as discount prices are concenred, I have to admit I have limited sympathy with those of my friends who say they can't afford it.  Rather than save they dribble their money away on inferior games and probably end up spending more in the long run and have nothing in their collection to compare to Combat Mission 😉

On 12/22/2019 at 12:42 PM, Majick said:

Thanks for the responses.

Elvis, Item 4 on the ticket, would that be my name and email if I was the person gifting it?

Nuts. I feel bad  that I missed this...Correct. We'd use Item 4 to confirm receipt of the payment. and Items 2 amd 3 to sent it to the person getting the gift.