Casili Road map

The maker of the scenario should be proud - this is one fine map. First scenario I'm giving a go with from R2V due to being away from home for a while. But loading up this scenario made me smile and think the lads probably did a really good job with this module. Now onwards to be trounced by my PBEM oppo.

55 minutes ago, user1000 said:

I was able to do a flawless victory with only 2 injuries on casili as allies. Wait until you get past the others... I like these maps in the RTV module itself better than blitzkrieg.

Seriously? I played this one 5 or 6 times and got beat up in every one of them. I won a coupla/few but 2 casualties? (note to self....never play user1000 in a PBEM)

ohhhh, that battle.  Yeah, I lost badly first time.  Then added 6 more shermans and some halftracks and played again -- I won't call it cheating, I'll call it regrouping and getting reinforcements.  And it was still a rough fight.  Italian terrain certainly favors the defender.

7 hours ago, danfrodo said:

ohhhh, that battle.  Yeah, I lost badly first time.  Then added 6 more shermans and some halftracks and played again -- I won't call it cheating, I'll call it regrouping and getting reinforcements.  And it was still a rough fight.  Italian terrain certainly favors the defender.

Yikes. My opinion is that the scenario maker gave more than enough resources as allies to win.

6 hours ago, user1000 said:

Yikes. My opinion is that the scenario maker gave more than enough resources as allies to win.

yeah, I suspect that's true.  I walked right into a mess on one flank, lost bunch of shermans.  On the hill lost more shermans and bunch of infantry.  Was in a bad state early on, decided to quit before I learned where all the enemy was, restarted with reinforcements.  I see that I could win without the extra shermans.  But I also see how hard it is.  I did just win End of the Line w/o cheating 😊.  Fun map, lots of resources for the allies, then the nasty town fight to finish it off.