Great documentary on Monte Cassino

4 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Especially the contact between the Fallschirmjäger and the British grenadiers during the cease fire (to help the wounded and remove the fallen) near Monte Cassino castle is rather moving.

I saw this a while ago and reacted to that scene in the same way as you did. Remembered reading about similar cease fires in Arnhem. Seemed so absurd that first you try to kill each other, then stop for a humane meeting of fellow beings in a rather friendly way, and then go right back to trying to kill each other again. Both sad and absurd.

56 minutes ago, rocketman said:

I saw this a while ago and reacted to that scene in the same way as you did. Remembered reading about similar cease fires in Arnhem. Seemed so absurd that first you try to kill each other, then stop for a humane meeting of fellow beings in a rather friendly way, and then go right back to trying to kill each other again. Both sad and absurd.

It sure is. What a waste of good men. The details on the actions on both sides are really something special. Two elite units head on against each other.

Edited by Aragorn2002

27 minutes ago, Attilaforfun said:

If it was a Kar 98. There were many other rifles produced in Austria, Czech and Yugo w open sights.

Yeah, that must be it. Not sure which one I'd prefer on the shooting range. Probably the open sight. Must check my World of Guns-game, whether they have Czech/Yugo Kar98's with the open sight.

Edited by Aragorn2002