Campaign script, winning conditions etc.

Calling all experienced CM campaign makers!

I'm currently doing a campaign for the upcoming Heaven and Earth mod for CMSF2, and I'm having some issues with the script.

In a mission I set my "[WIN THRESHOLD] minor victory" and during testing I cease fire immediately and recieve a major defeat. Still I get the campaign win message??

I've come to the conclusion that the game either calculates the average mission result and uses it to decide whether to shot win/lose message when campaign ends. Or, the script reading is broken.. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

My script for that mission:

/*Battle #17*/
[BATTLE NAME] HE 0017 Commies in the wire b
[WIN THRESHOLD] minor victory
[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] HE 0018 Ending
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE]
[BLUE REFIT %] 0
[BLUE REPAIR VEHICLE %] 100
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 100
[BLUE REST %] 100
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 100
[RED RESUPPLY %] 100
[RED REST %] 100

Edited by puje

10 minutes ago, puje said:

Calling all experienced CM campaign makers!

I'm just some half-baked hack, but...

10 minutes ago, puje said:

I've come to the conclusion that the game either calculates the average mission result and uses it to decide whether to shot win/lose message when campaign ends. Or, the script reading is broken.

...I'm pretty sure the first is the correct.

I've played through several campaigns where I won some missions, and lost others, but at the end of it, I still got the message that I won. Which is a bit funny after actually losing the final, climatic battle.

12 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

I'm just some half-baked hack, but...

...I'm pretty sure the first is the correct.

I've played through several campaigns where I won some missions, and lost others, but at the end of it, I still got the message that I won. Which is a bit funny after actually losing the final, climatic battle.

Exactly what happened to me (in my own campaign). Kind of sucks as I'm trying to do a narretive story. I think I will leave out the win/loss text and do something else.

If you play a 10 mission campaign and you win the first 4 missions, then lose mission 5 and the campaign ends, you still win the campaign but do not get to play the last 5 missions.

So to continue all the way to the end of the campaign you can set the text in the script to total defeat and then change it to what you want when you is done playtesting.