Mission to Maas

18 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

With puns that bad you could get a job with a certain tax dodging Australian megalomaniac. But, at least you have the excuse that English isn't your native language. In the meantime I have been paying more attention to my Flak boys.

My actual excuse is that I wrote it after drinking a bit of gløgg :)

I'm happy someone took pity on me with a single "like".

Now, back on topic, I think I will wait and start over with this scenario once the updated version is out.

Question for @theforger: Do you plan on making enemy setup variable so that the scenario can be played several times? I really think quality maps like this one deserve a couple of AI plans and semi-random enemy placement for replayability. Not sure if you already did any of that, as I only played once...

Edited by Bulletpoint

@Bulletpoint Yep, at the moment only one plan but USA reinforcements have variable arrival times which can help or hinder. V2 will include multiple plans, TRP placement already done, building improvements and once complete I'll post on the scenario depot website.Will think about weather/ground condition mix would like to do a snow variant. Was looking for feedback on this version, which you have helpfully provided. I could add more ambush points but I didn't want there to be a bazooka team on every corner. It can build more tension and lead the player into a false sense of security if they are deployed at varying intervals. The aim is to make the final engagements challenging without being impossible, its tough to get the balance right.

I have had to give up on this. Getting my vehicles through La Gleize proved far more difficult than taking the place. Partly because a knocked out jeep was blocking the main road, and also, I think some of the buildings a too close to the road itself, and my vehicles are veering off all over the place. Hopefully other players are having less trouble than I am.

Same here for vehicles in  La Gleize. The roads are too tight. My solution is only drive the tanks and halftracks through town that were engaged in the fight (and you can get them through town, it's just a pain). Everyone else is lined up outside of town and going around cross country. No one has been more than temp bogged yet!

4 hours ago, theforger said:

I could add more ambush points but I didn't want there to be a bazooka team on every corner. It can build more tension and lead the player into a false sense of security if they are deployed at varying intervals.

I didn't mean to add more ambushes, just to make it unpredictable where they will be, allowing for more replayability. Sounds like you're heading in the right direction. Also with this:

4 hours ago, theforger said:

The aim is to make the final engagements challenging without being impossible, its tough to get the balance right.

After passing through a secured La Gleize 11th Panzergrenadiers and elements of the 501st Panzer (KT) continue the advance towards Stoumont. 

Hmm, I think I'm going to have to look for a mod for the below King Tiger.  It looks a little to clean. 

BmSn2cQh.jpg

Edited by MOS:96B2P

54 minutes ago, Chudacabra said:

Has anyone else had difficulty getting this to show up in the battle list? I can see the .btt file in the correct folder, but it doesn't show up in game.

No difficulty.  I'm playing it now.  I did rename it Mission to Maas.  But I don't think that matters since it showed for @Wicky with the original name.     

Are you on Windows or Mac?  What are you calling the correct folder?  This would be my first guess, that it's not in the correct folder.  Sorry, but just to double check, it goes in the CMFB scenario folder.  If you have the game running when you drop the file in the scenario folder you may have to restart the game for it to show (not sure).     

Edit to add:  My second guess would be there is something wrong with the downloaded file.  If you right click on the file and look at properties, details etc. does it seem correct?  If not maybe another download.  

23 minutes ago, Wicky said:

Have you scrolled through the scenario listing pages using the 'Next' button?

Indeed I have.

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

No difficulty.  I'm playing it now.  I did rename it Mission to Maas.  But I don't think that matters since it showed for @Wicky with the original name.     

Are you on Windows or Mac?  What are you calling the correct folder?  This would be my first guess, that it's not in the correct folder.  Sorry, but just to double check, it goes in the CMFB scenario folder.  If you have the game running when you drop the file in the scenario folder you may have to restart the game for it to show (not sure).     

Edit to add:  My second guess would be there is something wrong with the downloaded file.  If you right click on the file and look at properties, details etc. does it seem correct?  If not maybe another download.  

Windows. It's in the CMFI scenarios folder in Documents with all the other scenarios. I can see it there as a .btt file, but it doesn't show up in the game. 

6 minutes ago, Chudacabra said:

Whoops, yes, that's right.

Hmm, not sure why it won't show up for you.  When I right click on the btt file and look under Properties / General it shows as 1.39 MB.  Under details I can also view the file path.  When you check does everything look okay?