Finally pulled the trigger on CMFI

I am a long time Battlefront customer, and own CMSF1 & 2, CMBN w/all modules, CMBS, CMFB. I could never really get on with CMFI though. But now that R2V is released, I went all in and got the lot. I have a feeling this will be my standard WW2 CM game for quite a while. The time frame covered beats all the others hands down, as well as the wealth of nations and equipment. Kind of like CMAK was my go to in the old days. Am downloading now, and quite honestly haven't been this excited for CM in quite a while.

I started with CMBN years ago, and then CMRT to have some eastern front action. CMFI was sort of an odd choice for me, I wasn’t that keen on Italy as a WW2 experience. But over time, its versatility, with an early period (1943) and a good assortment of nations to play and most of all, the QB maps that were really intriguing... I think it’s become my a favourite. Despite my original lack of enthusiasm for it. I’m pretty sure you will have a LOT of fun with this. :)

Edited by Bud Backer

I have a recollection that when CMFI was first released Steve had 'certain expectations' about sales and was greatly surprised when the game quickly sold out and they needed to rush out additional disks and manuals (ah, the good old days of hard copy disks and manuals). If you missed the title roll-out in 2012 you may have been unaware of the rush of enthusiasm for the product at the time.

I was around in '12 for the roll out, but at that time I was quite content with CMBN and its modules, wanting 1945 stuff the most. Funny thing is the very first scenario that I fired up after getting cmfi installed was one as the Italians, go figure!

Glad your're enjoying it. I find CMFI the most unique with its number of nations, terrain palette, and maps. There's nothing better for me than successfully assaulting a fortification on a mountain in this game. Oh except "The Gorge" level in the Monte Cassino campaign. Dislodging the Fallschirmjaeger will bring you to tears.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Bufo said:

Probably some rich Italian guy...

When I win the lottery, you can look forward to a whole series of Combat Mission games based on Danish bicycle infantry resisting the German Army for around three hours before capitulating for lunch.

The last scenario in the first campaign might feature an armoured car.

4 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

When I win the lottery, you can look forward to a whole series of Combat Mission games based on Danish bicycle infantry resisting the German Army for around three hours before capitulating for lunch.

The last scenario in the first campaign might feature an armoured car.

The movie about those 3 hours was quite nice though. I guess it was a 1-1 representation of the whole conflict than ;-).

Perhaps you'd be so good to make that a module of a wider early war family of games.

PS do you actually buy lottery tickets?