New patch better with game performance?

Hister

Seen a couple of posters mention that their game runs better with the latest content/patch. Was something done on this front by the devs and how better would you say your agme runs now if at all? 

Devs, can we expect such performance patches for other titles too? 

I frankly don't know what was or wasn't done to the game engine (as opposed to module pieces) since the last patch. My guess is nothing particularly dramatic. If Charles did tinker under the hood without informing anyone then expect it to show up in across-the-board title patches. Because BFC doesn't like it when one title gets ahead of the others game-engine-wise.

23 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I frankly don't know what was or wasn't done to the game engine (as opposed to module pieces) since the last patch. My guess is nothing particularly dramatic. If Charles did tinker under the hood without informing anyone then expect it to show up in across-the-board title patches. Because BFC doesn't like it when one title gets ahead of the others game-engine-wise.

Thank you MikeyD. You don't experience any better shadow rendering and faster less stuttery camera movement?

12 hours ago, Hister said:

You don't experience any better shadow rendering and faster less stuttery camera movement?

I haven't read anything about better performance or fixed graphical glitches, so my guess would be that the game still stutters, swirling patterns appear in plowed fields, shadows still flicker on and off as the camera moves, and that shading still appear on the terrain facing the sun 🍄😵

4 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I haven't read anything about better performance or fixed graphical glitches, so my guess would be that the game still stutters, swirling patterns appear in plowed fields, shadows still flicker on and off as the camera moves, and that shading still appear on the terrain facing the sun 🍄😵

It is what it is then. One can not have everything. Would be so good if this aspect would be adressed though. 

It’s really frustrating how different systems show different performance issues, or lack of them. I have no stuttering, swirling patterns or flickering shadows. I’m able to run the game with all graphical options maxed out, and I assume you can too. My only “problem” is that really really huge maps like Cassino or the master maps take 20 seconds to load in the editor. I tried this on both Windows 10 and Mac OS Catalina. 

It’s something that I see mentioned on forums for just about any game I play. Someone (sometimes me) has graphical performance that diverges from what many others can achieve and it’s very difficult to resolve. I hear your pain. 

16 minutes ago, Bud Backer said:

It’s really frustrating how different systems show different performance issues, or lack of them. I have no stuttering, swirling patterns or flickering shadows. I’m able to run the game with all graphical options maxed out, and I assume you can too. My only “problem” is that really really huge maps like Cassino or the master maps take 20 seconds to load in the editor. I tried this on both Windows 10 and Mac OS Catalina. 

It’s something that I see mentioned on forums for just about any game I play. Someone (sometimes me) has graphical performance that diverges from what many others can achieve and it’s very difficult to resolve. I hear your pain. 

Thank you for your input Bud. I personally am not so sure this observed divergence of performance is really as big as some say - it might also have to do with how different people perceive things. For some playing on 15 - 20 frames per second is great while for others it is completely unplayable as I learned on this forum.  

I can't play this game on max settings at all. I can't play with shadows and shaders on, nor with 3D model quality set to anything above improved on a what was top tier computer hardware-wise one year ago if I want to keep my frames above 20 FPS in most scenarios. The ony thing that I haven't tried is using the Nvidias g sync technology with it which some people say makes the game much more smooth and less stuttery across the board. These monitors are still on the pricey side so haven't splurged on one as of yet. Would have to really see it with my own eyes to be able to determine if it is worth it. 

That is so bizarre. My MacBook is from 2012, and max settings are no problem. Usually my frame rate is over 30 on a busy map which for me is fine in this game. Much lower and I do notice it, though less so than in some simulations where constant fluid motion makes anything much lower than 60 FPS irritating to me. Moving about the map in CM is fluid and rapid. So much so I have to fuss about because I keep slipping past what I wanted to see. 

My windows PC is a gaming laptop, but not the highest end. Again, same thing as my MacBook. 

Edited by Bud Backer
Typo

Wow! No, @Bulletpoint, I’ve never seen those before. I can see how they would be annoying. Mind you as someone who makes videos I can tell you that YouTube’s compression algorithm does not always show things properly. Both the good and the bad. In another forum we’ve had a devil of a time showing the developer some graphical I ssues that simply do not show in the video but are not the workings of our imaginations! 

Now, don’t take that to mean I don’t believe you or that I’m minimizing your experience. I do believe you. I’m just stating the above because people do need to know that video compression can have undesired consequences, and cannot be relied on to show things as they are seen in game. That can lead to the confusing situation where a complaint is dismissed because in game it’s not visible. Not saying that is the case here, I realize you pointed to that to show something you’ve seen in game. 

A screenshot at the computer’s screen resolution is more likely to retain fidelity. 

To be truthful, the most annoying thing I experience is that the snow is too gray at times. 

Edited by Bud Backer