first small mod for R2V French troop

You can't, Jonzie.  French officers aren't coded like most other officers (no Junior/Mid/Senior texture designations). I do think they interact somehow with existing US 3D models, because they don't seem to have skeletons of their own, and the French in general use the US winter and toque faces/skins in addition to their own.  There is a lot of tagging of textures in this muodule. More than usual, it seems.  It's all a bit complex and perplexing if you ask me.  Makes what I wanted to do a bit harder.

Edited by mjkerner

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

You can't, Jonzie.  French officers aren't coded like most other officers (no Junior/Mid/Senior texture designations). I do think they interact somehow with existing US 3D models, because they don't seem to have skeletons of their own, and the french in general use the US winter and toque faces/skins in addition to there own.  There is a lot of tagging of textures in this muodule. More than usual, it seems.  It's all a bit complex and perplexing if you ask me.  Makes what I wanted to do a bit harder.

Thanks! I appreciate the response

On 12/12/2019 at 11:31 PM, Anonymous_Jonze said:

This is a cool mod! I want more kepi though, how do I make it so platoon leaders and Company commanders wear them?

18 hours ago, waffelmann said:

Only with greatcoat....

Yes, I understand what you mean, in the scenario "The averni gambit" the officers wear helmets ...
this is the case with or without mod that I cannot explain, perhaps a small bug with the engineering units.
it's a good one, because in engineers the kepi is black
it is sometimes complicated to understand but the kepi is different in color depending on the subdivision: black for the engineers and artillery and black and red for the infantry and etc….
Also takes into account the color and number of braids which indicates the grade but also which differentiates the foot units (gold) and the cavalry (silver)
the French army is an old army which has its roots and tradition in the Middle Ages like the British army and a good part of the European army

i will  need a book to describe all the variants of the kepi which even if seems similar to you also evolves in shape according to "fashion"over the years. An experienced eye can thus date them at the first glance

Edited by Falaise

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 2:40 PM, kohlenklau said:

Bonjour Ste'phan,

I only saw this now. I am downloading your kepi mod and will try to make some mds tricks to have more kepis for soldiers.

I do this through mds renaming and using other nations to be modded to be French.

This is for my birhakeim battles project...

OK with you?

Phil

yes of course I sent you an email