Rolled Back - CMFI Rome to Victory???

What I mean is that before installing and activating, I copied the game and data directories.  After activating and taking a quick look, I renamed directories.

Why?

I am kind of partial to my mods which I have for everything:

Aris ...

Juju's UI ... (broken)

Gridded Terrain ... (broken)

Vin's Animated text ...

As I have just finished all the training for CMBN/CMFI/CMRT/CMFB without Rome to Victory, I figure I have a lot of stuff to play without that one module, and would wait for the mods to get updated.

BUT I THINK MANY MODDERS HAVE LEFT THE COMMUNITY, DO YOU THINK I WILL BE WAITING FOREVER AND SHOULD JUST BITE THE BULLET AND SETTLE FOR CMFI WITH THE BFC STANDARD UI?

Thanks.

Such a small thing.  Junction to the rescue!

Junction v1.06 - Windows junction creator and reparse point viewer
Copyright (C) 2000-2010 Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy: JUNCTION
   Substitute Name: E:\Games\CMFIrv Data\Fortress Italy

The module was released yesterday. No one has had any chance to modify any mods for it yet   (In Beta we remove any mods we have so we know any issues are truly game related).

My opinion would be to get it, and when and if mods are developed or fixed, then add them. You still have all of Aris vehicles, plus flames, smoke, terrain tiles, and others that do work. There are some new vehicles that obviously won't have mods yet, but the skins for various country's versions of M4's with their correct country markings, for example, look pretty nice as is.

The other thing is Booty is currently working on the CMMODS site and they aren't all there, from what I can see. (like gridded terrain I don't see anywhere). They still exist and he's getting things organized.

Edited by Ultradave

3 hours ago, Ultradave said:

The module was released yesterday. No one has had any chance to modify any mods for it yet   (In Beta we remove any mods we have so we know any issues are truly game related).

My opinion would be to get it, and when and if mods are developed or fixed, then add them. You still have all of Aris vehicles, plus flames, smoke, terrain tiles, and others that do work. There are some new vehicles that obviously won't have mods yet, but the skins for various country's versions of M4's with their correct country markings, for example, look pretty nice as is.

The other thing is Booty is currently working on the CMMODS site and they aren't all there, from what I can see. (like gridded terrain I don't see anywhere). They still exist and he's getting things organized.

No.  I had pre-ordered it, but was trying to decide whether I should just drop mods or the module.  Instead, I decided 2 installs, and only R2V without the mods.  You can do two installs with junctions.

not sure you need junctions.  I have 2 installs and I can mod one and not the other.  Been doing that for years now.  Some mods may not work, but that is a whole other issue.  The only one that I would really worry about is vin's text.  That one is dependent on items most mods aren't.  As Ultradave mentioned we testers generally aren't working with mods.  We can't as we have to be reporting on stuff directly BF owned.  That being said some will occasionally verify some.  For example with CMSF I was really wanting the building mods and kept checking them but that was independent of what really falls under beta testing.

Thank you.  I understand.

I have participated with game company years.  A friend of mine is a CM beta tester, Bil Hardenberger.  We met through Panther Games.

Actually, the game is quite playable without mods; even Vin's Text.  I am just a bit spoiled.  I like gridded terrain, but I think it was more necessary for CMx1 than CMx2.

Mark- I'm certain (through knowledge of your own good works) that you are savvy enough to explode the BRZ files, and then to start looking at what the naming convention is for the files within. That might allow you to do some renaming of files you liked that may not work due to a change, or adaptation of the new ones.

Not necessary by any stretch of the imagination, but it allows another layer of experimentation. Knowing how a decent amount of the stuff works hasn't ruined the CM fun, either.

Edited by benpark