Where are the Goumiers in djellaba?

Well to tide you and Aragorn over, Jonze, here are two pics.  There are literally dozens and dozens of little and big things to fix, add, and/or worry over.  Faces, turbans, skin tones, gear, djellaba patterns, shading, sandals....hell, everything needs work!  The plan is to have US, French, and British gear and weapons available, and separate djellabas for military issue and tribal djellabas. 

Our local Frenchman, falaise, did the lighter brown djellaba with the very narrow stripes (military issue), and the other lighter brown (desaturated) one (tribal).  The reddish brown ones are mine but need desaturation and other work. They all do. 

Turn out the lights and don't wait up for me!

....damn it, pix aren't showing.  Hang on......

o9X3tPu.png

bi08yJo.png

Edited by mjkerner

10 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Well to tide you and Aragorn over, Jonze, here are two pics.  There are literally dozens and dozens of little and big things to fix, add, and/or worry over.  Faces, turbans, skin tones, gear, djellaba patterns, shading, sandals....hell, everything needs work!  The plan is to have US, French, and British gear and weapons available, and separate djellabas for military issue and tribal djellabas. 

Our local Frenchman, falaise, did the lighter brown djellaba with the very narrow stripes (military issue), and the other lighter brown (desaturated) one (tribal).  The reddish brown ones are mine but need desaturation and other work. They all do. 

Turn out the lights and don't wait up for me!

....damn it, pix aren't showing.  Hang on......

o9X3tPu.png

bi08yJo.png

They look real nice!

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

The plan is to have US, French, and British gear and weapons available, and separate djellabas for military issue and tribal djellabas. 

Djellabas Grogs the most insidious of the grog sub species (Latin: Djellabasus Grogerasus); known for creating mods of hairy faced men in glorified war pajamas while dodging construction jobs ordered by wives 8 months ago. Tread carefully those who post here, we don't know if or when he had his last cheese sandwich and whether that staple gun is loaded or just slung to his tool belt for the badassery effect.

Mord.

P.S. Did I use that semicolon correctly? Please, tell me I did. I've been practicing really hard!

Edited by Mord

And by "damned thing" you of course meant:

"Martha, dear, you are the light of my life, apple of my eye, Cher to my Sonny, I've toiled long and hard these many months, not out of work but as an honest expression of the love I've bore for you since you accepted my unchaperoned invitation to the Missipaquatus Bicentennial Picnic Jamboree back in nineteen-hundred and seventy-six. Whenever you hang a saddle or better yet, udder mittens, in this hand hewn wooden palace of devotion , you will do so basking in the ever lasting joy that is the song that sings in my heart for thee."

Your secret is safe with us.  At least until you get those Goumirs done. We'll renegotiate your ability to sleep indoors when the time comes.

Mord.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry fellas, but I can't, since my external HD that has all my backups and my mod folder is out of town, and in fact out of the country, with one of my sons (defense work).  (It got in his stuff when he visited before he left.) He'll likely be back before mailing it would get it here under the current covid crapola.  Hang tight, please. I'll get to it as soon as it's back, cuz not only do I want it off my plate, but I have some other modding I want to get to.

Btw, tried to have my son dropbox me the folders/files, but he doesn't have the time and probably couldn't find them buried in the 931 GB drive anyway (all every CMx2 game and module, plus CMA). Looks like this weekend he'll be back, so early next week I'll get the HD back.

And thank you for your interest and kind words!

Edited by mjkerner

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, the uniforms and other stuff are done, but due to RtV naming/tagging conventions and general overload of uniform possibilities, coupled with the effect on uniform selection due to weather and time periods, I need to spend some quality time on figuring out how best to package everything. This is what I've been dreading all along. Without boring you, simply put, the djellaba is just a modded greatcoat, and greatcoats only show up in winter months, and depending on French, US, or British ones, certain time periods. So I need to think this through, especially because I made various options for weapons and helmets, etc., which adds more complexity.  Btw, I don't intend to use tags, cuz then you'd have to go into the editor and put the tags in yourself for any scenario you'd want to play. Anyhoo, I should have everything sorted and get this to Bootie by Sunday.

My head hurts.

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Superb, MJ! Really happy with that and looking forward to use it. Personally I don't mind using a tag for this mod, but that's up to you of course. Thank you for all your work and time!

I couldn t say better...

@mjkerner thank you to keep yours words, keep going always yours beautiful mods...

I see already a smile to @Falaise 😊

Edited by 3j2m7

When available I'll load them into my game for a current PBEM of Mort aux cons. It's a great scenario by @snake_eye !. If I understood correctly it historically features Moroccan troops, although perhaps not Goumiers. Anyway, I've visited Morocco quite a couple of times and looking forward to troops wearing djellaba.👍

8 hours ago, Lethaface said:

When available I'll load them into my game for a current PBEM of Mort aux cons. It's a great scenario by @snake_eye !. If I understood correctly it historically features Moroccan troops, although perhaps not Goumiers. Anyway, I've visited Morocco quite a couple of times and looking forward to troops wearing djellaba.👍

You are correct, It features Morrocan troops. I tried hard to have Goumiers in the game, but that was not possible. Thanks for enjoying the scenario.

6 hours ago, snake_eye said:

You are correct, It features Morrocan troops. I tried hard to have Goumiers in the game, but that was not possible. Thanks for enjoying the scenario.

Thanks for making it! Playing it with @BletchleyGeek and we are both enjoying it, ~50min left. 

Like @mjkerner says it is a great scenario! I'll try to post some form of AAR when we are done.