Where are the Goumiers in djellaba?

10 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Hi Arargorn, thanks, it's still sore, especially after a lot of mod work the last few days.   I finished a mod for CMSF2 that has been sitting dormant for too long.  I don't think I'll be doing Gurkhas for a while. I did this quick mock up this afternoon, but there will be a lot for me to do...some of which I don't have the skills for. Hell, I don't even know where BFC keeps their legs, as you can see, lol. I need to get the Goums out the door next.

gurkha.png

Looks very interesting already, mj. Great first try. And yes, first the Goums. With those guys i will be over the moon. But good to know an Asian look is doable. Perhaps with long trousers. But all in good time. Beggars can't be chosers. 😉

When you work on the pattern on the Goumier's greatcoat make sure to look for this:

greatcoat texture one.jpg

It appears to be some kind of stretching of the texture caused by the 3d model. I have seen this across several games. Only when prone.

Edited by rocketman

Yes, I've seen that before. I wouldn't know how to fix it if it is due to stretching, but if you move the camera around/zoom in and out, it appears that it is actually the leg "material" showing through when the model is in that position. I should have taken a picture when I noticed it before, because I just now tried to get the camera in the right position to show what I'm talking about, but couldn't quite do it. Anyway, there doesn't appear to be a workaround short of BFC fixing it, or somefink.

• 5 weeks later...

I appreciate all the work you guys are doing, but I'm hopeful we'll eventually get what we're hoping for. Don't count out Fortress Italy just yet.

On 12/26/2015 at 6:07 PM, ChrisND said:

Our current plan for filling out Fortress Italy is the following. NOTE THAT THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Nothing here is laid in stone yet.

• Gothic Line Module (that won't be the actual name for it) that pushes the timeline to the end of the war. Details on it are already present in the first post. Basically this module pushes the timeline to the end, and rounds out missing Commonwealth and German forces.
  • An Italian Forces Pack that adds a ton of Post-Armistice Italian forces to the Allies and Axis sides. Italian partisans, captured Italian equipment in use by Germans, actual Italian military forces operating under Allied and Axis sides, the works. This would be a pretty big Pack that will completely revolve around the Italians. I'm personally super excited for this pack, it will be a lot of fun to make and play.
  • An Elite Forces Pack that includes such things as Commandos and 1st Special Service Force. This would be a pretty small Pack, and may just get rolled into something else. Details are murky at this point.

Hey, more bones!

• 1 month later...

If he doesn't get Martha's tack room done ASAP there'll not only be no Goumiers but there'll be no mjkerner...there'll just be a mumbling, husk of a man, repeating "measure twice, cut once" where a modder used to be.

Mord.

P.S. What the heck is a "tack room" anyhow? I think you're making s*** up!

Edited by Mord

24 minutes ago, Mord said:

If he doesn't get Martha's tack room done ASAP there'll not only be no Goumiers but there'll be no mjkerner...there'll just be a mumbling, husk of a man, repeating "measure twice, cut once" where a modder used to be.  

+1.  :) :lol: :D  

24 minutes ago, Mord said:

P.S. What the heck is a "tack room" anyhow? I think you're making s*** up!

I think it is something you need when you use horses instead of four wheelers......... :P 

Edited by MOS:96B2P

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I think it is something you need when you use horses instead of four wheelers......... :P 

He's in Wis-khaaan-zen not Texas, it's probably a spot to hang the handmade udder mittens she crochets-up to winterize the cheese herd. I can picture him as we speak, munching curd balls while he screams at paintshop for mis-aligning his French overcoat texture.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Mord is right, in that the result of not finishing on time and in budget is, well, unthinkable. MOS is correct about the tack room. Martha is a horse nut since retirement, and has all kinds of gear, more than space allowed at the stable. So now we have a tack room for her horse gear in the basement. Yee-haw!

Well, to hell with you guys! I shall continue believing that somewhere in the upper midwest there is a lady that creates finely crafted udder mittens for cows that exist only in my mind. And that there is a man building a room to house them in.  And that the cheddar produced by said imaginary cows is of a quality that starts trade wars between nations and neighbors. If you refuse me this you shall become my enemy.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Udder mittens of the mind is a clinical disorder caused by lack of juvenile bovine lactose, as I'm sure your internist has informed you.

Cheddify (currently in testing, side effects may include dry mouth, hoof and sideburn, or a mild case of cheese blindness) may help alleviate these visions.

Please note that I am not a medical doctor, nor do I play one on television. I am but merely a concerned citizen of the Cheddersphere.