Where are the Goumiers in djellaba?

4 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Hahaha. Sorry for having to ask, you know what they say about us Puritans and humour.

Hahaha Yes dont worry sometime my jokes are a little difficult  to be understood, some of them are probably be writing with an Enigma machine !

Or perhaps I writing them when I drink  a Duvel or a Leffe...

24 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Hahaha Yes dont worry sometime my jokes are a little difficult  to be understood, some of them are probably be writing with an Enigma machine !

Or perhaps I writing them when I drink  a Duvel or a Leffe...

I sometimes like to round a Sunday evening off with a Duvel, although my night cap of choice is Westmalle Dubbel.

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

I did not take it as a joke
tank killer (3j2m7) wants a zip
he will have a zip

191210051349806542.jpg

hehe !  Steph ,not only happy to be a buddy, you have a good open mind, but also have an incredible desire to modding for the time, and for this have already the brush well adjusted ! :)

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I sometimes like to round a Sunday evening off with a Duvel, although my night cap of choice is Westmalle Dubbel.

I can imagine you ,with a night cap with this name on your avatar picture  :) hey ! is again a joke !

Have to ask my buddy Steph to do it  ;) prost !! these one come from Germany 🍺

I feel ashamed to ask this question, guys, but when can we expect this great mod? Really looking forward to this. 🙂

Yeah, bought the module. 😬 Mainly for this mod. In the coming weeks I have other gaming obligations, but during the Holidays it would be great to have the Goumiers in the module.

Edited by Aragorn2002

8 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I feel ashamed to ask this question, guys, but when can we expect this great mod? Really looking forward to this. 🙂

Yeah, bought the module. In the coming weeks I have other gaming obligations, but during the Holidays it would be great to have the Goumiers in the module.

You couldn't resist to the temptation  of R2V like me, I want normaly waiting to the new module from CMRT but than saw all from R2V comments and I broke down !

Yes R2V is a must, interresting scenarios new troops, and soon news Mods, Christmas is almost saved...

9 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

You couldn't resist to the temptation  of R2V like me, I want normaly waiting to the new module from CMRT but than saw all from R2V comments and I broke down !

Yes R2V is a must, interresting scenarios new troops, and soon news Mods, Christmas is almost saved...

Well said, my friend.

Aragorn, I’m not sure, because there are a lot of different things to do; faces, beards, djellabas, plus there are different types of greatcoats to explore  from different countries so that varying combinations of skins can be used. I’m not explaining things very well, because I had carpal tunnel surgery today and I took a painkiller about an hour ago, lol! The surgery will slow me down , but Falaise sent me his textures today.  So I don’t know, a couple of weeks maybe? I had to completely redo the turban yesterday and I still couldn’t get it right. It’s a bitch to figure out how the various textures wrap around the model. On the other hand, the sandals and puttees work out pretty good.  Progress is occurring, lol! I’ll shoot some pictures in a few days when I can get back to it.

Believe me, just working with the various uniform and equipment combos with the many skeletons  (mdr/mds) files I can see what a bear this must have been for BFC to implement the numerous TO&E in the game.

I'm reading about the actions of the French expeditionary corps in january 1944. Didn't realize they were that good. Practically swept the German 5th mountain division aside, which btw had little experience in mountain warfare, despite their name. But still, very impressive and a convincing argument why the Goumiers should have been in this module. Fortunately we will have them anyway, thanks to mjkerner and Falaise!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 1:59 AM, mjkerner said:

Aragorn, I’m not sure, because there are a lot of different things to do; faces, beards, djellabas, plus there are different types of greatcoats to explore  from different countries so that varying combinations of skins can be used. I’m not explaining things very well, because I had carpal tunnel surgery today and I took a painkiller about an hour ago, lol! The surgery will slow me down , but Falaise sent me his textures today.  So I don’t know, a couple of weeks maybe? I had to completely redo the turban yesterday and I still couldn’t get it right. It’s a bitch to figure out how the various textures wrap around the model. On the other hand, the sandals and puttees work out pretty good.  Progress is occurring, lol! I’ll shoot some pictures in a few days when I can get back to it.

Believe me, just working with the various uniform and equipment combos with the many skeletons  (mdr/mds) files I can see what a bear this must have been for BFC to implement the numerous TO&E in the game.

Mj, I just discovered your Nisei mod, which looks pretty damn cool! Perhaps not such a stretch for you to make a Gurkha mod in the future. Those Nepalese soldiers are also Asian after all.

That would be very nice too.

Btw, I hope your arm is better now and not just for the mod.😀

Edited by Aragorn2002

Hi Arargorn, thanks, it's still sore, especially after a lot of mod work the last few days.   I finished a mod for CMSF2 that has been sitting dormant for too long.  I don't think I'll be doing Gurkhas for a while. I did this quick mock up this afternoon, but there will be a lot for me to do...some of which I don't have the skills for. Hell, I don't even know where BFC keeps their legs, as you can see, lol. I need to get the Goums out the door next.

gurkha.png