Where are the Goumiers in djellaba?

For my education, does adding a module take more than just constructing the 3d module and adding the graphic layer on top of it? Is there hit probability needed to be programed as well for instance? Also I'm guessing the Goumiers would have had to be another TO&E that would have to be researched, perhaps with much difficulty given the subject and available documentation, is that right?

Goumiers got caught in a Catch-22. They were a subgroup of French infantry that needed their own dedicated model but the game engine doesn't allow subgroups within a force to have differing figure models. You could do it if Goumiers were pulled out of French infantry as a standalone TO&E group but that's not what Goumiers were. They were French infantry. BFC had been all set to include Goumiers in the game until they ran head-first into the Catch-22. The last thing Steve's willing to do is corrupt the TO&E force structure for the sake of convenience.

Edited by MikeyD

edited-image_2.jpg

edited-image_1.jpg

Progress, but I will dump the turban.  (I whipped these ones up years back when I first tried to mod Goums, but was going to replace them with photo-real ones.) Trouble is, those damn officers!  Their skins (faces) use the same textures as the troops, so as you can see, they would have a turban as well. Also thinking of dumping the sandals (they'd be an option to use or not as you see fit anyway) but I need to find some photo-real sandals and puttees, then will have to chop them up into the texture file, so we'll see.  Besides, I love the game's default boots and leggings.

Also, might have to tediously go back and redo all the striping on the djellaba because of the way the the textures stretch when the pixeltruppen are moving.  And, djebalas don't have collars, but do have hoods,  so I don't know exactly how I am going to address those issues, if at all.  Now I remember why I dropped the ball on this mod back when, lol!

Edited by mjkerner

I just performed a test.

I took the uniform art file 'smod_french_greatcoat_uniform.bmp' and made a copy named 'smod_french_greatcoat_uniform [ffd].bmp'. Then I altered the untagged uniform art. When I added them to the game the European French soldiers (1st FFD) retain the original greatcoat while the North African French have their own greatcoat texture that can be modded into a djelleba.

french v fdd.jpg

Edited by MikeyD

Thanks MikeyD. I was hoping the module would have Goumiers so I wouldn’t have to make my own, cuz your artwork wouldn’t have needed modding.   I wanted to avoid tagging, but frankly hadn’t look that far into it yet. Without tagging, the djelleba shows up for both greatcoat options, Standard and FFD, but only in the winter months because greatcoat options aren’t available in other months. And thanks for the vote of confidence, Mr. Jonze!

Edited by mjkerner

Well, of a sort, Aragorn.😀

As for language, they’ll be speaking French by default, which works good enough for me, but I’m going to try importing Syrian voices from CMSF2. That should work pretty good for those of us who don’t speak Arabic anyway.  (The Moroccan dialect would be different, but they are both Arabic speakers.)

32 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Well, of a sort, Aragorn.😀

As for language, they’ll be speaking French by default, which works good enough for me, but I’m going to try importing Syrian voices from CMSF2. That should work pretty good for those of us who don’t speak Arabic anyway.  (The Moroccan dialect would be different, but they are both Arabic speakers.)

Sounds very promising, mj. They may have been ruffians, but they do belong in this module. Great work on your part and much appreciated. Also for me the reason i was looking for to buy this module.

12 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Thanks MikeyD. I was hoping the module would have Goumiers so I wouldn’t have to make my own, cuz your artwork wouldn’t have needed modding.   I wanted to avoid tagging, but frankly hadn’t look that far into it yet. Without tagging, the djelleba shows up for both greatcoat options, Standard and FFD, but only in the winter months because greatcoat options aren’t available in other months. And thanks for the vote of confidence, Mr. Jonze!

Do I understand correctly then, that with tagging one can have them year round?

here is my contribution
it's true that it's exotic
for info this type of djelaba with his large stripes are tribal djelaba whose pattern corresponds to different tribes
as well as wearing a beard or a turban
from 1942 is introduced a regulatory djelaba manufactured by the army unifying and standardizing the holding of the goumier
i work about it

191208071502403444.jpg

191208071508239692.jpg

kepi is also specific
i work about it too

Edited by Falaise

no no

25 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Well, hell, thanks Falaise!  I don't need to mess with it any more then. Saved me a lot of work!

no no !!!
you have the turban and the sandals
I make you the kepi and the regulatory djelaba
and I send you the files

it's your project !!!

Edited by Falaise

Here is the regulatory jellaba of military manufacture worn at the same time as the tribal djelaba
the kepi entirely blue gray  with sherifan star and crescent
a photo of the outfit corresponding to the regulations, visible in a museum

191209055519264322.jpg

191209054822993971.jpg

191209054852863417.jpg

mjkerner the simplest is that I send you the files uniform to add them with your mods
and rename them, I'm not very talented about it
and after you can publish them

Edited by Falaise

2 hours ago, Falaise said:

Here is the regulatory jellaba of military manufacture worn at the same time as the tribal djelaba
the kepi entirely blue gray  with sherifan star and crescent
a photo of the outfit corresponding to the regulations, visible in a museum

191209055519264322.jpg

191209054822993971.jpg

191209054852863417.jpg

Very nice work, looks very good,  don t forget to added a zip in the middle !