Your Rome to Victory Pre-order is ready to be downloaded

Thanks to BF and team to let us enjoying the new module on time for chrismas...

First Battle first first strange behaviours, (Scen Flames in the Mist) the Archer Antitank is a little weird, when I give order to move, the Back on the vehicle is on the front and of course the front is on the back I was checking the silhouette of the vehicle I saw 2 light in the front so in fact the vehicle move from behind...

Do have somebody also this behaviours ? 

Edited by 3j2m7

5 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Thanks to BF and team to let us enjoying the new module on time for chrismas...

First Battle first first strange behaviours, (Scen Flames in the Mist) the Archer Antitank is a little weird, when I give order to move, the Back on the vehicle is on the front and of course the front is on the back I was checking the silhouette of the vehicle I saw 2 light in the front so in fact the vehicle move from behind...

Do have somebody also this behaviours ? 

Everybody does. Oddly enough, that's the way the real one was designed.

The in-game Archer is more forgiving than the real-world Archer. Believe it or not, the real-world Archer gun couldn't be fired until the driver bailed from the vehicle! Otherwise he's be slapped in the back of the head by a recoiling gun breech. So during a fight the driver would be off in a ditch somewhere and would have to clamber aboard if the vehicle needed to move. :wacko: 

44 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

That was among my favorite new scenarios. I  felt like it was very different than any scenario I'd ever played before.

Yes very different never using a Archer...so in fact I have to give a reverse order to move on, and move on the front to take cover and move back... !!!

In this case I dont want to see the nose of a tiger or ATK cos the order will be back ,hmm ,I mean go in the front no now is time to ... escape ¿¿

Can we not change this behaviours in the game, or change the front side of the vehicle,  this give really confusion?? 

Or because all CM players are ACES, and know already this behaviours,  nobody think about it to mentioned, I feel me without resource I go back and learn to drive a tank... 

Edited by 3j2m7

15 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

This kind of behaviour has been included in both RT and FB vehicles. it has nothing to do with players being "ACES", even rubbish players like me have picked up on it over the last few years. Happy Gaming!

Ok you are probably right, happy that you are a Rubbish players like me, and perhaps I am also novice, but tell me what kind of vehicle have this behaviour in RT and FB I just check the To and E but dont find ? 

Edited by 3j2m7

After reading about it and being educated by a couple of other testers, the idea was for a sort of ambush position, the vehicle could get out to the rear quickly, even considering the driver having to jump back in. Less vulnerable in an "advance to the rear" situation. Also because it was built on a Valentine tank chassis it kept the overall length down.

It's a really quirky AFV. I didn't know anything about it until it was added. I agree with Elvis there too. That's a fun scenario. Really different.

43 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Ok you are probably right, happy that you are a Rubbish players like me, and perhaps I am also novice, but tell me what kind of vehicle have this behaviour in RT and FB I just check the To and E but dont find ? 

I moved it like I would move any other vehicle. When I would target (or the TacAI would target on it's own) the vehicle turns to fire without me doing anything. In a different battle that had a similar type vehicle that I wanted to set up so that the gun was already facing the direction I wanted it to shoot, I moved the vehicle where I wanted it and then changed the the facing using the Face command to the opposite direction so that the gun was pointed where I wanted it.

10 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I moved it like I would move any other vehicle. When I would target (or the TacAI would target on it's own) the vehicle turns to fire without me doing anything. In a different battle that had a similar type vehicle that I wanted to set up so that the gun was already facing the direction I wanted it to shoot, I moved the vehicle where I wanted it and then changed the the facing using the Face command to the opposite direction so that the gun was pointed where I wanted it.

Thanks Elvis is more clear now thanks to take the time to answer, your presence is a must on the forum.

15 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

After reading about it and being educated by a couple of other testers, the idea was for a sort of ambush position, the vehicle could get out to the rear quickly, even considering the driver having to jump back in. Less vulnerable in an "advance to the rear" situation. Also because it was built on a Valentine tank chassis it kept the overall length down.

It's a really quirky AFV. I didn't know anything about it until it was added. I agree with Elvis there too. That's a fun scenario. Really different.

Thank you to take time to added these infos, I was reading on Wikipedia, and found only this, (regarding to the picture on the screen, SP 17pdr, Valentine, Mk I, Archer
front (and direction of driving) to left, engine to right) !