Bugged air-support?

I was just playing the first USMC campaign mission and had an F-18 drop two successive bombs on a building that never appeared. I heard the bomb dropping sound but after that nothing happened. The really strange thing is that the very same F-18 (which carries four bombs in this scenario) had previously succesfully dropped two individual bombs on two different buildings, using the medium mission setting and a Forward Observer as a spotter. 

I know a similar problem has been reported in CMBS, so it might have carried over to CMSF2.

Has someone else experienced this, or know why this happened. 

On 11/14/2019 at 9:56 PM, AtheistDane said:

I was just playing the first USMC campaign mission and had an F-18 drop two successive bombs on a building that never appeared. I heard the bomb dropping sound but after that nothing happened. The really strange thing is that the very same F-18 (which carries four bombs in this scenario) had previously succesfully dropped two individual bombs on two different buildings, using the medium mission setting and a Forward Observer as a spotter. 

I know a similar problem has been reported in CMBS, so it might have carried over to CMSF2.

Has someone else experienced this, or know why this happened. 

Silly question. Was the aircraft fired upon by the Syrians or the target near the edge of the map? Unguided munitions may fall off target (and potentially off map) if aircraft is forced to abort their run or it simply missed.