iMac Hard Disk Crash - Got New Computer

dw

On an iMac - fusion disk crashed and given the age of the computer went and bought a new one. Did a time machine restore to the new iMac and now all four programs (CMBN, CMFI, CMRT, and CMFB) are having licensing problems. CMBN can start but is now missing the Commonwealth Module. For CMFI and CMRT I am getting Error: 209 Please contact you vendor for assistance. Finally, for CMFB I get the 209 error described as a FingerPrint mismatch, but in this case there is box to enter a serial key to fix the error. 

I have all the modules and the license keys. I have the version 4 upgrade for all of them - but had not yet applied it. Also I had only put these on one machine - no laptops. 

Do I have to remove everything and start over?  Or do I have other options? 

Thanks

8 hours ago, dw said:

Do I have to remove everything and start over?  

Most likely no - in fact start by not doing any installing or uninstalling.

Try activating with your keys. There should be an Activate <game name here> launcher for your games. Start by starting that and entering a license key for that game or one of its modules. There will be one for the first version of the base game you bought and one for any modules you bought and one for any upgrade you bought. See below though...

8 hours ago, dw said:

Or do I have other options? 

You can try my suggestions above but you might want to consult the professionals. This is just a users to user help forum but the official support is much better equipped to help with licensing issues. The advantage support will have is they will be able to see what you purchased and can therefore give you direct step by step instructions on how to get back to working.

Battlefront Help desk

As Wicky mentioned, the games have been 'moved' over to a new Mac and the copy-protection system doesn't like that and gives you the 'fingerprint mismatch' error (different hardware than when it was originally licensed). You'll need to contact support (the 'Battlefront Helpdesk' link in IanL's post). They should be able to provide you with an utility to wipe out the current activation which will allow you to reactivate. You MAY also need an activation added to your license keys, so you may want to mention that.