Recommend me a Laptop I can play CM2 on with no problems please.

Sequoia

21 hours ago, Sequoia said:

No problems I'd define as a decent framerate and ease of use without a mouse if possible. :) Ā  Price point is whatever the minimum meets these criteria but willing to pay extra for significant better performance.Ā 

Thanks

Ā 

The good news is that you can quite easily find a laptop that gives you a decent framerate. I think a GTX950M would do the trick just fine. Even low-end modern laptops graphics cards are massively more powerful now than back when the CM engine was developed.

The bad news is that you probably won't find any laptop that gives you significantly better performance. There seem to be some bottlenecks in the game engine that holds it back. So don't go overboard. At least not if CM is the mainĀ game you want to play on the go.

Also, CM can't really use multiple cores, so go for the CPU with the max clock speed - that will often be the one with the fewest cores.

I have an MSI GL62M notebook that I picked up on sale because it was discontinued (last three in the city). Its specs are:

15.6" FHD (1920x1080),
Intel Core i5-7300HQ,
8GB DDR4,
1TB HDD ,
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 2G GDDR5

Except for memory and no SSD drive that is as good or better than my desktop. I feel like my desktop still preforms better but its pretty close. Plugged in it performs very well on battery less so (I have the performance tuned down when on battery). I try to only play CM when plugged in but in a pinch its OK. I am one of the least picky people on here when it comes to performance though - so try to beat those specs :)

The track pad is pretty good my only complaint is that I cannot turn off tap clicking - sigh.