TSD III, TPG II & The CM Mod Warehouse Update area.

4 hours ago, IanL said:

The old site is closing and the new one is not fully up yet so I do not believe that author registration is available yet.

There is the option to send an email to Bootie and request to become an author. I did that a few weeks ago.

the picture below might seem a bit too much. But as it seems that Tactical Wargamer didn't see the option to request to become an author I thought I could help a little bit extra.

Capture.jpg

Edited by BornGinger

43 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

@IanL I was accepted as an author. But according to the reply from Bootie above it seems that I might have misunderstood you. You were probably talking about the Mod Warehouise and not TSDIII. So the Mod Warehouse is maybe not open for requests yet. I'm sure Bootie will clear this up if necessary.

Yeah I got confused - @Bootie did clear it up with his previous post.

On 11/29/2019 at 6:01 AM, IanL said:

The old site is closing and the new one is not fully up yet so I do not believe that author registration is available yet.

Here are some: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/?s=grid

This hex / grid thing is something I don't understand. Not trying to pick on you it's just that your post reminded me :) . We have computers now - I don't want to see another hex or grid ever again. Even if the underlying engine has some thing in the background there is no need for us to see it. IMHO. I see a lot of games with hexes in the UI and wonder - why? There is nothing good about hexes they were just necessary when we humans had to move stuff around. On a computer screen we can just see a realistic rendering showing hexes just breaks the immersion.

Ian, Ontario brother :) don't you find the hexes help with the topographic aspects. I find I have to get to the ground level to see what my units see. Adds for a 50 year old guy more micromanagement lol......line of site feature helps but I find the hexes increase my turn times with less errors. All the best. Let play a game sometime love to learn from the master. If your in the Hamilton area beers/dinner on me! 

Rick

1 hour ago, Tactical Wargamer said:

Ian, Ontario brother :) don't you find the hexes help with the topographic aspects. I find I have to get to the ground level to see what my units see. Adds for a 50 year old guy more micromanagement lol......line of site feature helps but I find the hexes increase my turn times with less errors. All the best. Let play a game sometime love to learn from the master.

50 here too and I don't find the hexes or squares help much with topographic issues, for that I really need to get down to ground level. And I was referring to all computer games. So many have hexes built into the UI. One of my favourite things about CM is it just looks like the real world. Now if we could just get roads the curved...

1 hour ago, Tactical Wargamer said:

If your in the Hamilton area beers/dinner on me!

While not impossible but I think I went through there once about 10 years ago. These days I head East to Montreal more - kid at McGill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...