A plea for the Biodiversity

Falaise

16 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

lol :D Although that stuff is not the worst when I move into local woods with my metal detector. I like the idea though. For some my mission I made a high grass substitute looking like fern and placed in certain woods looks fairly convincing. My vote in any case for more biodiversity. 

yes, I like your autumn ferns
  with brambles it works well for the months of September and October

1910271202052722.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2019 at 11:23 PM, user1000 said:

So you are saying there was more variety of plants available in 1944? Do you mean warmer weather has killed them off since?

In 1944, there were many more kinds plants, insects, and wildlife in the countryside, and weeds and wildflowers growing all over the place. It's not the warming that has killed them off since then, but access to powertools and machines for clearing plants, as well as weedkiller herbicides. Without these, a patch of brambles is a LOT of work to remove.

Also, fields back then were smaller and there were many more hedgerows between fields. These were home for wildlife too.

2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

In 1944, there were many more kinds plants, insects, and wildlife in the countryside, and weeds and wildflowers growing all over the place. It's not the warming that has killed them off since then, but access to powertools and machines for clearing plants, as well as weedkiller herbicides. Without these, a patch of brambles is a LOT of work to remove.

Also, fields back then were smaller and there were many more hedgerows between fields. These were home for wildlife too.

yes, modern agriculture has greatly changed the appearance of crops in Normandy and elsewhere.
There were many more apple trees and the fields were smaller.
Some find that the fields are too small in combat mission Normandy,
I often think that they are too big, especially in the American sector.
I added poppies in my fields of wheat and linen because I remember that there were many until the early 80s and the old people often mentioned them in their memories.

200110123243119526.jpg

200110123242394273.jpg
For 4-5 years with the appearance of pesticide-free crops, they have reappeared

here close Saint Lambert sur Dive

200110123316613271.jpg

in wheat field close Falaise

200110123332395021.jpg

in linen field close Chambois

200110123317191179.jpg
the old ones also often evoke cornflowers
I saw it for the first time 2 years ago in a field near Trun

200110124612368763.jpg
Certain explains to me that the wheat field was red and blue but I never saw it

merci

23 hours ago, Erwin said:

I found it initially hard to see the difference between the RL photo and your mod.  Lovely work.   

Still a WIP or available for d/l?

Yes, I'm going to put a series of landscape mods online
Between June, July and August the aspect of nature changes
I designed a mix of mods that I created, others picked up as is, finally other than I adapted
The idea is to stick as closely as possible to the colors and ambiance of the Normandy countryside
I have the advantage of living there and watching the changes for 50 years now (time flies)

here the same place during three months:

June
grass and bright green tree presence of poppy ...

20011104480985634.jpg

July
the green is less intense the tall grasses turn yellow

200111044804923489.jpg

August
  yellowed grass, trees turn brown, poppies are gone

200111044808256236.jpg