A plea for the Biodiversity

Falaise

No, I will not tell you about global warming!!

But the possibility of increasing the variety of plants in the game to give a more realistic

This is especially the doodad brush that is the subject of my remarks

Those offered by the game do not please me because they are indefinable.

The undergrowth but also the Norman fields and even the gardens (especially mine) are overgrown with nettle, ferns and brambles

I modified the original of the game but the modification can not relate to only 2 type of bmp

Unlike helmets for example it is not enough to add a number to the bmp to obtain a wider variety

This possibility with the random will offer an improvement of the aspect of the game

nettles and ferns

191024060010840609.jpg

brambles

191024060030217172.jpg

4 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

would these drop into already created maps or are for scenario designers only?

They will simply replace the existing "brush" files, so you can definitely use them with existing maps. 

But as you get the most dense occurance of nettles and ferns in the "heavy forest" ground tiles, a designer might want to change some of the ground tiles to take full advantage of these new possibilites. For instance, in the picture above I had to replace the the original "weed" ground tile to a "heavy forest" tile in order to get enough nettles and ferms in the farmyard.

2 hours ago, umlaut said:

They will simply replace the existing "brush" files, so you can definitely use them with existing maps. 

But as you get the most dense occurance of nettles and ferns in the "heavy forest" ground tiles, a designer might want to change some of the ground tiles to take full advantage of these new possibilites. For instance, in the picture above I had to replace the the original "weed" ground tile to a "heavy forest" tile in order to get enough nettles and ferms in the farmyard.

thanks, umlaut.  i've downloaded and unzipped it, but when i opened up the  'drive on the drei jensweg' ( i didn't even try to spell that, but you know what i mean...) and dont see any change.  what am i missing?  does that map just not have any brush tiles?  please be patient with  a poor noob with his questions, etc.  i love seeing stuff like this that helps the game look its best.

cheers,

rob

10 hours ago, Falaise said:

I did not expect such success !!

umlaut will link a dropbox

191025090144947253.jpg

the purpose of my post and ask if there is a possibility by adding a numbers to increase the number of bmp

example: doodad brush; doodad brush 2;doodad brush 3 etc...

lol :D Although that stuff is not the worst when I move into local woods with my metal detector. I like the idea though. For some my mission I made a high grass substitute looking like fern and placed in certain woods looks fairly convincing. My vote in any case for more biodiversity. B)

11 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

it would probably be simpler to ask if anyone knows of maps with a lot of 'brush'  to try this with- huh?  lol.

cheers,

rob

Yes, I can be a bit hard to find.

But first make sure that no other mods are overriding these doodads. When I tried them at first yesterday, they didnt show until I had moved Aris’ terrain mods to my z folder and placed these doodads in my zzz folder (It seems that the more z’s in the folder name, the higher priority).

I suggest you go to the editor and make a tiny map with lots of heavy forest ground tiles. Then it should be quite easy to tell if the mod is installed correctly.

cheers

19 hours ago, Falaise said:

I did not expect such success !!

BUT THIS IS A SUCCESS !!

191025090144947253.jpg

Hola Stephan, really a masterpiece and helpfull mod, like all what you did untill now, and is not finish ...when you taste the blood one time ! ; you must have a heart for flowers and plants  :)) ...on the same way I recommand you to let know the mods that you let me a link one day about differents flowers, depending the saison, peoples will really appreciated it, if you put all on the CMMODs IV, but is up to you...

I like also this funny picture, the "Krauts" have something different  to taste in Normandy !

;) 

Edited by 3j2m7

4 hours ago, umlaut said:

Yes, I can be a bit hard to find.

But first make sure that no other mods are overriding these doodads. When I tried them at first yesterday, they didnt show until I had moved Aris’ terrain mods to my z folder and placed these doodads in my zzz folder (It seems that the more z’s in the folder name, the higher priority).

I suggest you go to the editor and make a tiny map with lots of heavy forest ground tiles. Then it should be quite easy to tell if the mod is installed correctly.

cheers

one day we will have a Z folder with many subfolder with ZZ, ZZZ, ZZZZ, ZZZZZ...  to be sure the mod will be added in the game...

well I think is already the case  ! ! ! !

Edited by 3j2m7