BFCElvis

Fire and Rubble

1 hour ago, danfrodo said:

I am going w Ian's "FIrst, enjoy R2V" idea.  I already decided to do all the R2V scenarios in alphabetical order and nothing else until done.  First battle was easy -- until it wasn't.  I laid smoke, crossed a creek, everything is great, easy win it seemed.  Then the germans did their usual thing, spoiling all my beautiful and super-genius plans.  

Ah, playing that one right now as the Germans. I playtested it a number of times as the French, as it evolved. Now I see what I was up against. Interested to see what the French AI throws at me. It's a fun one. Well, they all are. As Elvis said a while back, something to the effect of how varied and interesting a group of scenarios it is. The campaigns are good too.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:05 PM, IanL said:

LOL nice. It is a good thing that you can enjoy the game when things go poorly. It is very important since we all spend a fair amount of time loosing.

Yes, as I am the one losing in our marathon CMRT battle! LOL

55 minutes ago, Bud Backer said:

Yes, as I am the one losing in our marathon CMRT battle! LOL

We are close to seeing what the score is but I already feel like you won that battle. I defeated your AT assets and was still unable to press that advantage to clear the objective. So, while I have a toe hold on the objective I do *not* feel like I won this battle no matter what the score says in a few more minutes...

@IanL this is one of the nice things about playing against a friend - you can have rational discussions about your own performance and not have to grandstand about how well you did. Hence us both feeling like we lost to the other. ;)

I’m looking forward to a debrief on this when we get together for brunch. 

3 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

@IanL this is one of the nice things about playing against a friend - you can have rational discussions about your own performance and not have to grandstand about how well you did. Hence us both feeling like we lost to the other. ;)

LOL but neither of us would make very good generals - we should each be proclaiming victory.

3 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

I’m looking forward to a debrief on this when we get together for brunch. 

Agreed

On 12/22/2019 at 2:27 AM, BFCElvis said:

I hope.

Ready to preorder snow ASAP 😁, 9 degree celsius in Denmark right now !

On 12/22/2019 at 3:14 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

So fekkin feed me!

Yes and my creditcard is stand by, as much as I liked the south african campaign in R2V I would love snow on the german eastern front 🙂.