Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

Yeah, too many Flintstones memes will result. Not a fan of that one, though it wouldn't affect a purchase decision or whether I enjoy it, it's just a name.

I like

Across the Oder

Final Assault

Red Vengeance (maybe too much in that?)

Reckoning

Just a few I whipped up, not that you asked....:)

On 10/24/2019 at 2:34 PM, 3j2m7 said:

Soviet troops will really need the Red Hammer to break the last brick in the wall...

They burned houses with flamethrowers! Germans used to burn 1-st line of buildings by themselves not to let Soviets do it, than occupied burned out houses. (from Isaev's article)

1 hour ago, DMS said:

They burned houses with flamethrowers! Germans used to burn 1-st line of buildings by themselves not to let Soviets do it, than occupied burned out houses. (from Isaev's article)

My comments about Red Hammer was a joke cos I saw the Hammers marching in the street and let me remind about Pink Floyd song and the "bricks in the wall".

I was not thinking to any real situations, people's that know my posts know that I make always joke or be a little sarcastic.

But yours comments are interesting !

Edited by 3j2m7

When naming things these days internet search results are an important consideration. Its no good picking an 'ideal' name if Google search results are going to direct you to a Slovenian football club, a Sega game from 2002, or a Google Earth route map between cities. That's why the Sci-Fi network changed its name to the Scyfy network. Your 'ideal' name has been thought up by someone else seven times over probably, for comic books, history novels, computer games, and Korean TV series. And they'll all show up in a word search. Battlefront.com has problems enough with Google giving search results for Star Wars Battlefront.

6 hours ago, landser said:

Yeah, too many Flintstones memes will result. Not a fan of that one, though it wouldn't affect a purchase decision or whether I enjoy it, it's just a name.

I like

Across the Oder

Final Assault

Red Vengeance (maybe too much in that?)

Reckoning

Just a few I whipped up, not that you asked....:)

I like Across the Oder and Reckoning.

I like Red Thunder: Reckoning

Because the atrocities the German people suffered in the final Soviet assault on the Reich (and afterwards) weren't as terrible as those the Russian people were subjected to, and were the result of the majority of Germans supporting or failing to stand up to a racist, genocidal and dictatorial government that committed those horrors in their name. So it was a reckoning - the horrors they'd unleashed bouncing back on them!

27 minutes ago, Anson Pelmet said:

I like Red Thunder: Reckoning

Because the atrocities the German people suffered in the final Soviet assault on the Reich (and afterwards) weren't as terrible as those the Russian people were subjected to, and were the result of the majority of Germans supporting or failing to stand up to a racist, genocidal and dictatorial government that committed those horrors in their name. So it was a reckoning - the horrors they'd unleashed bouncing back on them!

I like that: Red Reckoning...

23 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Some of you might have noticed we changed the name for the upcoming Red Thunder module.  You might wonder, “gee… why did they do that?!?”.  No, it doesn’t have to do with aliens or the Illuminati.  The more mundane reason is that we selected a name that has a potential copyright conflict which, at first, we didn’t think was significant enough to nix the name.  However, on second thought the publisher of that long ago, totally different, game is still around and probably has more lawyers on staff than Battlefront has ever had staff.  Feeling confident about our chances of defending against a challenge means nothing if we don’t want to spend the money and effort to distract us from virtual battlefields into legal warfare.  That’s in nobody’s interests (expect the lawyers involved).  After thinking about it some we decided it was better to simply go with a different name.  It’s the only sensible thing to do.  Excepting our decision to keep making wargames, we are very sensible people ;)

why isn't this in the CMRT Module 1 bones?

1 hour ago, umlaut said:

This would be a great title.
But I think BFC would disagree - if not for other reasons then for the googling reasons MikeyD mentioned

The umlauts are of course non-negotiable 😀

And  why not операция Беовульфа II or операция ловушка II

This reflect more Red Thunder and Red Hammer... 

...Allez boys, everybody's open Google translator now, copy paste include...

😀

In anticipation of the "Fire and Rubble" module I've started reading up on late war (Oct 44 - May 45) events on the eastern front. Holy (expletive), the scale and scope of the war at that time is breathtaking! I need to crack open some more history books!

Your 'favorite battle' from that time frame may be the liberation of Krakow (to pick a random example), but considering literally hundreds of cities had been either liberated or over-run (depending on your perspective) in that timeframe, the module will only be able to give you a taste of the epic events, plus the game tools to 'make your own', of course. I'm just now reading up on the siege and liberation (destruction) of Poznan.