license failure

7 hours ago, karl.dsmith@sky.com said:

I'm getting this message when I try to play the game  "License failure game engine 4 is required"  I have downloaded the patch and extracted it into the game program but still getting this message.

any help would be gratefully received

The entire message is your answer. The rest of the message instructs you to use the Activate New Products utility and enter your 4.0 key. Do that. 

Now, if you don't own the 4.0 Upgrade but installed the new 4.02 patch you will also get that message. The 4.02 patch is ONLY is your game is using the 4.0 Game Engine. If that is the case you can revert your game by installing the previous patch.

Do you know which version of CMBN you have and if you have any modules ? The name of the game installer MIGHT also tell you the version. If you have CMBN 2.0, then there is an upgrade that includes both the 3.0 and 4.0 Upgrades. If you have CMBN 3.0, then you would need only the 4.0 Upgrade.

Here's the webpage listing the various CMBN Upgrades (reached via the battlefront.com main menu at the top of the page, 'Games' > 'Upgrades'). You'll need to click on the relevant upgrade to get to the page to purchase the particular upgrade.