Possibly Interesting New Perspective For Scenario Designers

Playing a vs. cartel campaign in the "ruthless war/black ops" mood of movies like Sicario 1/2 would be a dream come true.

The cartel faction could be represented well for example by using some of the vanilla combatants/spy combined with the African UNCON mod. Latter may just need minor face texture modification. 

Edited by Aquila-CM

I could probably rustle something up along those lines using 'H&E'.....Well, actually, I already am.  ;)

My mini-campaign starts out with the player chasing a group of Islamist bandits and heroin traffickers, led by the notorious Mg-Pyay-Ag (Trust me, you'll really, really start to hate him!).....Various 'complications' follow on from there.  :ph34r:

PS - If you want to try an early iteration of the first scenario, ping me a PM.

PPS - Also check out what @MOS:96B2P has been up to recently.....I've tested an early version of that and it is a truly brilliant concept!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

15 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

My mini-campaign starts out with the player chasing a group of Islamist bandits and heroin traffickers, led by the notorious Mg-Pyay-Ag (Trust me, you'll really, really start to hate him!).....Various 'complications' follow on from there.  :ph34r:

This sounds like a story plot of my liking. Looking forward to it and yes I have MOS´ scenario already on my screen too.

• 1 month later...

It somewhat seems like  bad taste to turn such terrible events into games.

On the other hand that's not stopped me either creating or playing them. 

I think SF2 has a lot of potential for all sorts of unusual scenarios. The conventional warfare seems not only dull at times, but also passé, as Squarehead's article above indicates.

I look forward to this. 

5 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Like these ideas generally but have my doubts whether the current AI and game system can deal with any of that properly. Don´t think that bits of modding suffices but I´d be interested seeing what can be made of it.

If you have CM:SF2 installed, give @MOS:96B2P a shout and see if he will let you test an early alpha of his current concept, you might be quite surprised at just how different it is.  Obviously things are massively abstracted, but the general concept works, arrests are possible, armed criminals can be made to surrender etc.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.