zmoney

Stryker campaign

Hey boys currently playing the first mission and briefing says I have 120mm support from the outset. But alas there is none. Also why in the heck do I have a JTAC feller along for the ride when the briefing specifically says I won’t be getting air cover anytime soon. Why JTAC and not Forward Observer?????

JTAC's are usually embedded with army units so its just a matter of that being the TOE. Plus they can be used to call in artillery and drones, so its not like those guys don't have a job when there isn't any air support available.

Edited by Raptorx7

I've reported these issues and they were acknowledged.....@IanL  Any news at all?

There are also issues with some of the briefings IIRC.....It's a while since I looked at it.

PS - IIRC a JTAC gets the best call times for drones, @MOS:96B2P can probably confirm or deny.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I've reported these issues and they were acknowledged.....@IanL  Any news at all?

No, but we don't usually get news before a fix. And sometimes not then either :)

I'll try to remember to check next week. In mid move now.

10 hours ago, Raptorx7 said:

JTAC's are usually embedded with army units so its just a matter of that being the TOE. Plus they can be used to call in artillery and drones, so its not like those guys don't have a job when there isn't any air support available.

Yea but so are forward observers and they aren’t included in the mission. Point is, it’s strange to bring JTAC but leave FO.

@IanL  Going to bump this.

I've just started the campaign again.....Obviously these issues are still there and they really could do with some attention.  ;)

If you need screenies or saves of particular issues, I'll try to oblige.....In the first couple of scenarios it's mostly a case of the TOE not matching the briefings.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Couple of notes on the first scenario:

As mentioned above, the 120mm mortars listed in the briefing are missing.

There were three oddly placed Red TRPs, close together, all in one of the main objectives.....Should these perhaps be Blue TRPs for the player's use? 

This mission is beyond difficult as it currently stands.....There really are a hell of a lot of Russians out there, your main tool to destroy them is your artillery, but you only have one battery and it takes around seven minutes to FFE. 

Hence my query about those TRPs.....They could make all the difference if they were for the player's use and he placed them right. 

BTW - There are three main objectives for the Blue player, plus countless minor touch objectives, most of which you can't get to without crossing a river.....Which again makes me wonder about those TRPs?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

16 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@IanL  Going to bump this.

I've just started the campaign again.....Obviously these issues are still there and they really could do with some attention.  ;)

Hummm I'm not sure why I said I would check in a week or so. No one is doing any work on internal campaigns and scenarios for Black Sea. When a next module is started people will get back there. I would expect this to take a while to be looked at.

I thought it was yourself or perhaps @sburke.....Long time ago TBH.

This campaign is part of the CM:BS scenario pack, which is still for sale.  It really does merit some attention IMHO, all things considered.....If I could get the campaign de-compiler working I'd be happy to at least attempt to 'fix it' myself.  ;)