Campaign editing

zmoney

Not a direct way no. But where the is a will there is a way. It is not for the faint of heart. You can use the scenario scanning tool: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/uncategorized/cmx2-scancade-v2-1-by-mad-mike/ to separate out the individual scenarios.

Then the real work begins. You will have to examine each scenario to find the core units and recreate the core units file for each side. Using that file tweak experience etc as you like. Then you will have to edit each scenario to remove any core units (noting any AI groups) and re-import the core units file putting the AI groups back and removing any core units not originally meant to be available. Tweak any non core units as you please. Then go back to the output of the scan tool to see the campaign progression graphic and use that to recreate the campaign script file.

Once that is done you an recompile the campaign.

I personally have not done this but that is the theory.

Has anyone out there done this kind of thing to a campaign they didn't author?

On 9/14/2019 at 6:45 PM, zmoney said:

Hmmm I have tried this and I do not think I have the right software on my computer. I followed the directions and couldn't get it to work.

What was the problem?

On 9/14/2019 at 6:45 PM, zmoney said:

I wish it were easier to edit campaigns in game like one can edit a scenario.

Yeah. Based on this and other discussions, if I ever created a campaign I would package up all the bits needed to recreate it along side the actual campaign file.

I assume you mean the Scancade program linked in my post. Yes, you need to unzip the contents of the downloaded .zip file into a convenient place. Then you also have to install Java. Once you have done that you can copy the campaign file into the directory where the scancade.jar file is and double click on the .jar file. There are more flexible ways to run it if you have lots of file you want to scan but for unpacking a single campaign that is probably the easiest.