Game feature I miss

Just reading a book about operation Citadel, and one thing that struck me was how depleted the German formations were during and after the key battles and that they never had priority on replacements, meaning many companies would have as little as 20 men in them for months at a time.   This reminded me of the CM1 setting that would thin out your force selection to mimic this. 

Is there any chance of this returning at some point in the future? 

Edited by Placebo

1 hour ago, Placebo said:

Mord, from memory for QB you could sent a % attrition,  a bit different to straggler units which were rounded up remnants of broken formations with whatever equipment they could find. 

Ahh, didn't know you were talking about QBs.

Mord.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:12 AM, grungar said:

there were a lot of things about cm1 and its qb generator i'd like to see back such as random maps but i'm sure its all moot discussion by now.

Spontaneously generated maps was a feature I liked and missed in CMx2, but the maps we have now are all more meticulously drawn and detailed, and sometimes more historically accurate. So at the end of the day, I'd have to say we are better off now. Perfection would be spontaneously drawn maps as nicely done as todays...but that is probably not possible at the present time. So it goes into the distant wish bucket.

Michael

21 minutes ago, IanL said:

Short for TCP/IP. In this context it is the game mode where you can nearly play hot seat mode with some one over the internet. Nearly referring to the features @BFCElvis mentions are missing.

Better than hotseat. Simultaneous head to head play. Unlike hotseat where you have to wait for the other player to play their turn while you wait. Both players play at the same time. We have that now....but it doesn't allow you to rewind the movie. 

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

Better than hotseat. Simultaneous head to head play. Unlike hotseat where you have to wait for the other player to play their turn while you wait. Both players play at the same time.

Oh yeah good point.

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

We have that now....but it doesn't allow you to rewind the movie. 

Which quickly relegates this to worse than hot seat :D

I've used the headcount setting to reduce headcounts but I don't always like the result I get. So another way is just to cut formations and "stretch" your remaining force. In many cases depleted formations would just be rolled up into another or combined to make a full strength formation, but I get how this option becomes less practical the smaller your scenario gets. 

5 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

WeGo TCP with rewind.

If we had that again I'd never leave the house. 🙂

I played a fair amount of tcp in the old days and had a blast. It seems email games are favored by the comuninty in many games and that might be a factor in its loss.