Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Recently I was introduced to this game, and it was totally new experience for me. I found it interesting how this game changes the way you think on a tactical level. Furthermore, I found few elements of 

this game that I would might want to change a little. After some time playing it, I've decided to make few steps towards allies and their operations. It was their equipment that made me interested. As a history lover, and as a person who enjoys this game I've started my work on few modifications. World War Two setting was an initial insparation for me. Modders that were modding World War Two games here were are masters of what they are doing. The amount of details that some mods are providing is mind blowing. I did quite a few mods here and there and I got a feeling that I will try to enter this room with a big hope to add something that will be enjoyed by other players in their battles. It is time for me to try myself in a big boys game. I'm not sure that everything what I will do will be 100% accurate - but I will try to do my best. With a deep respect to this community I'm opening my new modding space. I hope that some of you will enjoy my stuff.  

https://imgur.com/GmkEkY4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If somebody can tell me how and where to upload mods it would be great. 

I have few things I'm working on right now and as I understand that CMMODS website is not the one we use. What is the new place to download mods? 

And somehow putting imgur links here is not working as well - I put a link on pic and it does not work the way it worked before. Anyone knows where to upload mods and how to put pictures  with a preview on this forum? Thanks. 

https://imgur.com/nzj1Ow3

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my first mods in this series will be related to Polish infantry. 

Z6PO7RI.png

Patches will be updated, also I was watching some photos from Italian war theatre and was working on adding some dust to those uniforms. 

Another modification which I'm currently working is a Lee Enfield SMLE MKIII. I wanted to add more details to existing model and I wanted it to be made out of the dark wood. 

N0poMMr.png

Now I've added few authentic details to this rifle - list of additions will be posted along with the mod itself when it will be ready. 

nzj1Ow3.png

Historically wise it is an extraordinary weapon because it was used in so many wars. I'm new to the British school of weapon making and it was very interesting for me to focus on this simple yet, important element of the game. 

jNVG4wp.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited to work on this - I figured that each mod for a WW2 setting will take more time since each element has a story behind it. 

I think that the Polish forces could be represented a little more with my upcoming mods, and overall this game is wonderful. I do love Red Thunder though. 

But this Italian theatre setting is amazing place to do combat. So I will try to add something to it. 

ACeg296.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also would like to share this video about Lee Enfield MK||| - it gave me good idea about how these rifles were used. 

I have to say that the shot from it - is pretty loud. There is a sense of power in this thing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello olek
there is already a mod with helmets with badges
in CM italy the uniforms are those of the 1st armored division which was only engaged in Normandy
they are not good, because the represented regiment is the 10th dragon who does not wear the battle dress in wool but the denim dress without insignia
and the 1st armored division wears black shoulder strip on the left
soldiers of the 3rd carpathian division in Italy

190906125848672424.jpg


infantrymen of Podhale hunter of the first polish armoured division in Normandy  with black shoulder strip and blue and yellow collar badge

190906125900925146.jpg

me, it's the opposite I cleared the wood Enfield

190906125846950602.jpg

 

Edited by Falaise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, umlaut said:

Always nice to see a new modder, Oleksandr. Welcome :)

Here´s a link to CMMods IV:
https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/

Although @Bootie is still working on transitioning from the old site so this one is not open for uploading by other users. However @Bootie has said in the past that if you contact him directly he will add them for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IanL said:

Although @Bootie is still working on transitioning from the old site so this one is not open for uploading by other users. However @Bootie has said in the past that if you contact him directly he will add them for you.

I will do that - thank you! 

RgUQdhv.png

Edited by Oleksandr
adding picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Falaise said:

Hello olek
there is already a mod with helmets with badges
in CM italy the uniforms are those of the 1st armored division which was only engaged in Normandy
they are not good, because the represented regiment is the 10th dragon who does not wear the battle dress in wool but the denim dress without insignia
and the 1st armored division wears black shoulder strip on the left
soldiers of the 3rd carpathian division in Italy

190906125848672424.jpg


infantrymen of Podhale hunter of the first polish armoured division in Normandy  with black shoulder strip and blue and yellow collar badge

190906125900925146.jpg

me, it's the opposite I cleared the wood Enfield

190906125846950602.jpg

 

Thank you so much! It will save my time a lot. I will focus on another unit then. I was thinking about 2nd corps of the 8th army as my alternative. I think I'm going to remove Dragoon patch out from these uniforms and will replace it with a patch of voijsko polske (period of 1939-1945). I will keep the helmet thing though and I'm also working on adding medals to some officers. Thank you for your help - your feedback helped me a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One additional idea of mine is to add certain medals to some officers. 

hUinG1W.png

Right not I'm working on a placing - where to put them so that they will be represented clearly. 

5dfPNZp.png

Jr officers will be decorated with the 1st class Cross of Grunwald.

0MEl1f0.jpg

The Order of the Cross of Grunwald was conferred to Polish or the allied military for valour or merit in combat with Nazi Germany. 

And Sr officers will be decorated with Order of Polonia Restituta. 

rcN6k0f.jpg

It is conferred on both military and civilians as well as on foreigners for outstanding achievements in the fields of education, science, sport, culture, art, economics, national defense, social work, civil service, or for furthering good relations between countries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the helmet with the full white badge which is pretty typical of the first battle in italy, the same weared on the french helmet during the french campaign
if you need pictures of special insignia I have a good documentation on the Polish insignia of the 2nd Corps

Edited by Falaise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Falaise said:

I like the helmet with the full white badge which is pretty typical of the first battle in italy, the same weared on the french helmet during the french campaign
if you need pictures of special insignia I have a good documentation on the Polish insignia of the 2nd Corps

Thank you my friend! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wojsko Polskie Mod version 1.0 is almost ready. 

AWUWhuz.png

Polish 2nd Corps patches instead of dragoon patch. 

Depending on a rank the uniform will be more or less dirty (due to overall activity on a battlefield). 

Fosa0Vq.png

"poland" patches were fixed - certain decorations were added to officers of diffrent rank. 

vqUOiUp.png

Overall version 1.0 will be a testing version more or less because this mod will be updated within time and will not be left behind. 

Lee enfield no1 mk3 mod is also ready. Now need to talk to @Bootie so that I can ppublish these mods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oleksandr Good work my friend! It's nice to see attention given to infantry, especially of minor factions. However, I must ask, don't you find the finish on the rifles a bit... uh, green? You said you wanted to go for a dark wood look, but it definitely looks greener than browner.

Glory to Ukraine!

Edited by Xorg_Xalargsky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 4:18 PM, Oleksandr said:

I also would like to share this video about Lee Enfield MK||| - it gave me good idea about how these rifles were used. 

I have to say that the shot from it - is pretty loud. There is a sense of power in this thing. 

 

I've seen this guy's videos on other weapons too. Nice little range to play on he has there. And yeah, that thing is very loud.

Edited by Ultradave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

@Oleksandr Good work my friend! It's nice to see attention given to infantry, especially of minor factions. However, I must ask, don't you find the finish on the rifles a bit... uh, green? You said you wanted to go for a dark wood look, but it definitely looks greener than browner.

Glory to Ukraine!

The thing is that there are two Lee Enfields within this game. This first one is already darker than the standard version plus many derails added to it - its stock now has the crown and the marking and the wood iteslf got some marks. Now another Lee Enfield within this game which is used by snipers will be different from this one. I will also work on scopes - I will add scratches and I will replace the lenses with new textures. I will be doing some weapons modding here and there and I have plans for modding Polish Armor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oleksandr Nice to hear you're planning on more Polish content! But what of the rifle shown in the pictures you've sent? Don't you find the texture more green (giving it a modern painted look) than dark-brown (what you seem to have been going for, given what you said and the image and video you posted as a reference)? Was this intentional? Excellent work regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...