Rome to Victory Release Date

42:10  Flame fougasse  - flame mines look devastating  https://www.warhistoryonline.com/world-war-ii/flame-fougasse-wwii-era-britain.html

Still plenty of concrete pillbox bunkers around - where I grew up in S.E England there was one by a river in town I played in as a kid and many others dotted around along roads, junctions & along the coast.

8975110926074737.jpg

Tank barrier at a local park

9006100115123901.jpg

Nice pictures Wicky. There are still a few pillboxes in my home town covering the Medway. When I was a kid there were still conical dragons teeth by the main bridge. Unlike the standard pyramid shaped variety these had a hole running through them, so that the Home Guard could insert a poll and then run them out into the middle of the road, before taking cover. And would have filled the car sized gaps shown in this ....

Bridge Roadblock.jpg

Edited by Warts 'n' all

On 10/18/2019 at 1:07 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

No pots unearthed. But, hopefully forumites who want a CM Early War might enjoy it.

@Warts 'n' all, thank you very much for that Time Team segment! I watched one or two of their first seasons here in the U.S. on cable TV. The most memorable ep. I saw was one where they excavated a flint hand axe work area that was worked by early hominids 600,000 years ago. I still get chills of wonder when I think about it. The cable channel took it off and I never watched that channel again. Can’t even remember the channel name. Again, thank you!

9 hours ago, Wicky said:

42:10  Flame fougasse  - flame mines look devastating  https://www.warhistoryonline.com/world-war-ii/flame-fougasse-wwii-era-britain.html

U.S. Marines used “Foo Gas” defenses during the war in Vietnam. A friend who was in the infantry showed me some 38mm photos he took when his battalion base was attacked. He had to smuggle the film out when he rotated back to the States because they showed the Foo Gas trenches after they were fired (I think they used napalm for the Foo Gas). They also showed the ammo dump and fuel dump brewing up after they were hit. The photos wouldn’t been good for enhancing the public image. Seeing as they had to use the Foo Gas, it must have been a pretty major attack. My buddy didn’t really want to talk about it, and I respected his reticence.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:14 AM, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

You may laugh, but for me, the R2V delays are a great source of motivation, it's like a carrot dangling from a pole, forcing me to stay out of trouble and keep my nose clean because I never know when it'll come out - next minute or next month - and I certainly don't want to miss the release.

Would you otherwise engage in activities that could get you thrown in the slammer? Not trying to get you to rat on yourself, just curious.

Michael

I suppose this gets into how much detail do we want vs how much new content do we want.  If we're going to get lots of new nationalities & OOBs, it's gonna be expensive in time.  If we focus on getting 80% of a given timespan correct it would go faster.  I am an 80% person myself, but I do understand & respect that others really want partisans, Brazilians, etc.  The cost for adding such details does seems high.

The details that these games go to, really does create problems as to getting things right and how fast the work gets done.

But keep in mind, I bet you if we looked at all the request over the years, its the players that have requested most of these details, and still do. 

I bet you I can find 50 additional things player are still requesting to be added to these games.

So if there is delays trying to get it right, you can blame the player that buy the game as much as you can blame BF for trying to provide such detail.

November is a good month ( most of us are starting to be indoors much more)