Rome to Victory Release Date

22 minutes ago, Mord said:

No matter how long it took them and regardless of the hell it put them through to code, the hit decals are pound for pound one of the greatest things they did for the series. There's more immersion in that one pic than 20 games of CM1 could produce — no small feat.

Mord.

I tend to agree....which is why I loved the picture when I first saw it. I had a similar experience when I played the battle. That thing took a lot of hits before I finally was able to get it to stop killing my men and vehicles.

But watch, half the people reading this will get first shot kills when they play it. 🙂

1 hour ago, Mord said:

No matter how long it took them and regardless of the hell it put them through to code, the hit decals are pound for pound one of the greatest things they did for the series. There's more immersion in that one pic than 20 games of CM1 could produce — no small feat

Mord.

Very true - great addition to the game.

The September window has not closed. We just need a couple of things to fall into place for it to happen. A little TO&E tidying up and some stuff with 1 of the campaigns. The stray bug or two have been cleared, I've been told, but one never knows it another is created when one is fixed. I've seen that before. 

As candid of an update as possible folks. 

To add a little bit of color to that. It's been a while since I played every standalone battle before something is released. This time I have been able to. Wow. These guys have been doing great work. I played one yesterday and a bug with saving the battle prevented me from finishing it. Something SO cool happened with the AI orders that I i was writing up a note to the scenario designer ( @nik mond) because I saw some moves/adjustments that seemed like only a human opponent could have done them. Before I had a chance to send note I fired the battle up again. Using the knowledge I had gained through the first playthrough I hurriedly tried to play to the point that I stopped before. Big mistake. I hit a different set of AI plans that were equally awesome and it was like playing a completely different battle. My point? I think everyone is really going to enjoy this module. Now we gotta do our jobs and get it into your hands. 

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

The September window has not closed. We just need a couple of things to fall into place for it to happen. A little TO&E tidying up and some stuff with 1 of the campaigns. The stray bug or two have been cleared, I've been told, but one never knows it another is created when one is fixed. I've seen that before. 

To add a little bit of color to that. It's been a while since I played every standalone battle before something is released. This time I have been able to. Wow. These guys have been doing great work. I played one yesterday and a bug with saving the battle prevented me from finishing it. Something SO cool happened with the AI orders that I i was writing up a note to the scenario designer ( @nik mond) because I saw some moves/adjustments that seemed like only a human opponent could have done them. Before I had a chance to send note I fired the battle up again. Using the knowledge I had gained through the first playthrough I hurriedly tried to play to the point that I stopped before. Big mistake. I hit a different set of AI plans that were equally awesome and it was like playing a completely different battle. My point? I think everyone is really going to enjoy this module. Now we gotta do our jobs and get it into your hands. 

'Very' not found.....Again.  :(

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Thanks @BFCElvis for the update, the Italy games have always had a temperamental TO&E, so I keep my fingers crossed that the tidying up doesn't turn into a death march.

8 minutes ago, DougPhresh said:

Very late in the day but I hope there's more Canadian content. Ortona was sorely missed.

hear hear!  I am reading the Candians in WW2 series.  Just finished Ortona & Liri Valley.  I hope those campaigns are represented.  If not it's surely too late to change things, but hopefully.  

2 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

i wonder if it will be changed to October. wouldn't shock me

I am doing everything that I can to avoid that. September is still not off the table. *****mandatory disclaimer on****** As always, never any promises or guarantees. **** mandatory disclaimer off*****