Rome to Victory Release Date

6 hours ago, Waycool said:

On the subject of Goums an interesting article Moroccan Goumier

And some other, more realistic, articles. Without excuses for the mass rape of women, men, children and even animals.

http://uncensoredhistory.blogspot.com/2013/10/mass-rape-ww2-italian-women-french-colonial-soldiers-moroccan.html

http://uncensoredhistory.blogspot.com/2012/07/brutal-mass-rape-german-women-1945-ww2.html

Yes, definitely looking forward to meeting those 'soldiers' in the coming module...

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

And some other, more realistic, articles. Without excuses for the mass rape of women, men, children and even animals.

http://uncensoredhistory.blogspot.com/2013/10/mass-rape-ww2-italian-women-french-colonial-soldiers-moroccan.html

http://uncensoredhistory.blogspot.com/2012/07/brutal-mass-rape-german-women-1945-ww2.html

Yes, definitely looking forward to meeting those 'soldiers' in the coming module...

Yeah, thank God the German Wehrmacht and SS soldiers never did anything wrong in WW2, because the " politically correct" wouldn't be able  to play Combat Mission at all.

43 minutes ago, Seedorf81 said:

Yeah, thank God the German Wehrmacht and SS soldiers never did anything wrong in WW2, because the " politically correct" wouldn't be able  to play Combat Mission at all.

German attrocities are well known and well documented. This is about truth and balance. The rapes went on in Germany, in cities like Stuttgart. Not mentioned in the article.

And I do like the fact that they are included in the module. That's not my point.

Edited by Aragorn2002

On 11/11/2019 at 7:37 PM, BFCElvis said:

Without getting toooooooooooo specific......No, there will not be a Canadian campaign. And, there will be a more battles than mentioned in the pre-order announcement (the extra time was good in that way).

Fingers crossed for a Smokin' Snakes campaign!

16 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Thanks for posting further information on the atrocities the article I found mentioned them briefly but this shed much more detail on these terrible crimes.

Aragorn2002,

I need to apologize. Reacted before I  saw who wrote the comment (your comment) about Goumier and rape.

Thought it was an ignorant rightwing "the Germans in ww2 hardly did anthing wrong, look how bad the Allies were" view.

I should have looked before I reacted, because I know that you are a well informed and decent chap.

2 hours ago, Seedorf81 said:

Aragorn2002,

I need to apologize. Reacted before I  saw who wrote the comment (your comment) about Goumier and rape.

Thought it was an ignorant rightwing "the Germans in ww2 hardly did anthing wrong, look how bad the Allies were" view.

I should have looked before I reacted, because I know that you are a well informed and decent chap.

Dear Seedorf81, apologies accepted and much appreciated. No, I'm not closing my eyes for German war crimes and attrocities either. But sometimes I miss the balance in that discussion. As MikeyD remarked, so many things went wrong on all sides, The devil must have had the time of his life. But thank you for your courteous attitude!

Proud to be your countryman. +1

Edited by Aragorn2002

12 hours ago, Waycool said:

Thanks for posting further information on the atrocities the article I found mentioned them briefly but this shed much more detail on these terrible crimes.

You're welcome Waycool. Posted just for the sake of balance, not to excuse other crimes. That whole bloody war was one big orgy of evil and hate.

Ah, yes well it was a nasty affair all the way around alright. Got pretty ugly in the Pacific too. Fortunate we are, to enjoy simulating the panoply of war but unfortunately; "Only the dead have seen the end of war."― Plato

Still, we can learn something every day. Now I was totally unaware of the Moroccan Goumiers history or the role they played in the North Africa.  Chagrined, but appreciative of the links you provided Aragorn/Waycool. Very informative. 

Salute~

Edited by bweiß

15 hours ago, bweiß said:

Now I was totally unaware of the Moroccan Goumiers history or the role they played in the North Africa.  Chagrined, but appreciative of the links you provided Aragorn/Waycool. Very informative. 

Salute~

It's a dirty and ungrateful job, but someone has to provide links like that. Raping a woman is in my eyes the most vile and cowardly act a man can commit. It makes you no longer a soldier, but a thug and a criminal. Good to hear that you have the objectivity to appreciate the information.

I have the same attitude toward dutch war crimes in the Netherlands Indies after ww2. I hate to read it, but it happened. And again often provoked or at least facilitated by the chaos, hate and misery that war brings.

Edited by Aragorn2002

7 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

It's a dirty and ungrateful job, but someone has to provide links like that. Raping a woman is in my eyes the most vile and cowardly act a man can commit. It makes you no longer a soldier, but a thug and a criminal. Good to hear that you have the objectivity to appreciate the information.

It may be a dirty and ungrateful job but NOBODY has to provide links like that on this forum.  OK?

On 11/14/2019 at 5:09 PM, Falaise said:

191114050808162603.jpg 

يستغرقون بعض الوقت للحصول على تعزيزات للوصول                         

they take time to get the reinforcements to arrive

191114051011259972.jpg

الجنود الصمت ، وصلوا

Silence soldiers, they arrive

I have seen pictures of them wearing sandals and thick socks, like this:

goums1.JPG

goums2.JPG

Edited by rocketman

On 11/17/2019 at 2:29 PM, BFCElvis said:

It may be a dirty and ungrateful job but NOBODY has to provide links like that on this forum.  OK?

Yeah and lets just be clear. that is a nazi apologists site.

"If the German Army acted with absolute disregard for the Geneva Conventions of 1929 pertaining to prisoner of war (POW), the Allies, Soviet Russia, America and British acted little better." Like **** they did. Maybe the Russians gave little quarter - but to even suggest any kind of equivalence for the western allies is nothing but perverse.

"It has been established that half of US documented accounts of WW2 are embellished as falsified lies, cover-ups to deviate from the truth of the horrific and despicable War Crimes committed by the US Army which makes them no better then the Nazis, Japanese & Russians." 

Really ?

you only have to read several articles there to see the agenda.

You should be ashamed of posting that ****ing garbage.  

Edited by zulu1966

1 hour ago, zulu1966 said:

the Allies, Soviet Russia, America and British acted little better." Like **** they did. Maybe the Russians gave little quarter - but to even suggest any kind of equivalence for the western allies is nothing but perverse.

But to be fair that is not the article @Aragorn2002 posted a link too.  I agree with you that the part you quoted in bold is not accurate. 

Is the actual linked post (not other posts on the same site) accurate?  I would really like to believe it is not accurate.  I have done some searching around since reading the linked post and have found similar articles on other sites.  So I'm having trouble disproving it.  So is the linked article true? or partially true?  Do you have any information?    

2 hours ago, zulu1966 said:

Yeah and lets just be clear. that is a nazi apologists site.

"If the German Army acted with absolute disregard for the Geneva Conventions of 1929 pertaining to prisoner of war (POW), the Allies, Soviet Russia, America and British acted little better." Like **** they did. Maybe the Russians gave little quarter - but to even suggest any kind of equivalence for the western allies is nothing but perverse.

"It has been established that half of US documented accounts of WW2 are embellished as falsified lies, cover-ups to deviate from the truth of the horrific and despicable War Crimes committed by the US Army which makes them no better then the Nazis, Japanese & Russians." 

Really ?

you only have to read several articles there to see the agenda.

Not going to risk getting banned by posting an answer to shut your big mouth, mate. Start with reading the two books by Thomas Goodrich if you dare. Hellstorm and Summer 1945. 

Nobody is as blind as he who doesn't want to see. Not going to say more than that. Probably too much already, but so be it.

Edited by Aragorn2002

good god, is this really even happening?  this false equivalence bulls-t?  "oh, well the allies did bad things too so everyone is equal." We are not blind or stupid as Aragorn likes to imply.  We KNOW THE ALLIES DID BAD THINGS.  But the allies weren't on a campaign of conquest and murder for all the resources of Eurasia, were they?  And the allies were extremely merciful to their vanquished foes.  The germans planned to impoverish, enslave, banish, or exterminate their vanquished foes.  They did in fact impoverish/enslave/banish/exterminate everyone they conquered.  THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE.  The allied bombing campaigns of german and japanese cities constituted war crimes, there's no way to deny that.  The allies did NOT do this to enslave those countries, they did it because they (wrongly) thought it would end the f___ing war and end the suffering sooner.  Intent matters.

And having said that..... I am currently playing CMRT campaign as the germans.  Because they have nice gear.  and I already did the russian campaign.