Rome to Victory Release Date

5 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

The stock answer is "when it's done." 🙂 Recently I projected the release would be September and not the originally planned August. I still have hope that September is doable but nothing s ever a 100% lock. Just our best guess.

Thanx for the update. I'm just super excited to see the final product especially the South Africans since I was the person to submit all my research (Info, TO&E, S.A Military Archive & Document Scans) into the 6th South African Armoured Division to ChrisND to properly and historically update the South Africans for the game. So naturally I'm waiting to see what my research looks like in the game ;)

3 hours ago, Aquatica said:

I'm just super excited to see the final product especially the South Africans since I was the person to submit all my research (Info, TO&E, S.A Military Archive & Document Scans) into the 6th South African Armoured Division to ChrisND...

Thank you for your service.

:)

Michael

12 hours ago, Aquatica said:

I'm just super excited to see the final product especially the South Africans since I was the person to submit all my research (Info, TO&E, S.A Military Archive & Document Scans) into the 6th South African Armoured Division to ChrisND to properly and historically update the South Africans for the game. So naturally I'm waiting to see what my research looks like in the game ;)

Awesome, brother. We look forward to shooting up and blowing the crap out of your research!

Mord.

16 hours ago, Aquatica said:

Thanx for the update. I'm just super excited to see the final product especially the South Africans since I was the person to submit all my research (Info, TO&E, S.A Military Archive & Document Scans) into the 6th South African Armoured Division to ChrisND to properly and historically update the South Africans for the game. So naturally I'm waiting to see what my research looks like in the game ;)

They look good in game. You can see some of them right on Battlefront's main web page. The teaser picture there of the troops running past the tank is from a scenario featuring South Africans. Nice scenario too.

Thank you all.

Now if the game is still in development, I wonder if I still have time to get some more info to the Dev team in regards to making some scenario's or mini campaign featuring the South Africans?

I've got some awesome info on:

The Battle of Celleno (10th June, 1944) - First major combine arms engagement by the South Africans in Italy ------- Could be used for a Scenario

The Battle of Monte Sole, Caprara & Abelle (15th - 18th April, 1945) - South Africans largest Infantry Assaults into the Mountains ------- Could be used for a Scenario

The Bridge At Finale Emilia (22nd - 23rd April, 1945) - Last major combine arms engagement by the South Africans in Italy ------- Could be used for a Scenario or Mini-Campaign

Edited by Aquatica

Well, since it was initially scheduled for release in August, and is now pushed out to September, it probably is too late considering how much that would need to be done to include it with the release.

Patience young warrior. A CM module is never late. Nor is it early. A CM module always releases exactly when it means to!

On 9/5/2019 at 6:07 PM, AlanSA said:

English until the action heats up.....

And then? Many Afrikaans speaking people I met, did not speak English very well. And the other way round, it‘s even worse. But it would be nice, if the South African‘s would have their lovely English accent.😊

2 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

And then? Many Afrikaans speaking people I met, did not speak English very well. And the other way round, it‘s even worse. But it would be nice, if the South African‘s would have their lovely English accent.😊

I heard the Brazilians won't get their own voices. So don't hold your breath.

Edited by Frenchy56

On 9/4/2019 at 3:04 PM, BFCElvis said:

The stock answer is "when it's done." 🙂 Recently I projected the release would be September and not the originally planned August. I still have hope that September is doable but nothing s ever a 100% lock. Just our best guess.

I  even heard a rumour that the CMRT-module will be released before Rome to Victory. But that was probably me talking in my sleep...

The first Afrikaaner I met was a former inmate from Robben Island exiled in Limeyland. The second was on the run in Europe for dodging national service. The third was one who grew up in a bilingual family who objected to being forced to study Afrikaans rather than English. 

In the meantime I'm still waiting to see if the campaigns in Rome to Victory will be set in the mountains, the valleys, or rolling farmlands.

On 9/8/2019 at 3:55 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

The first Afrikaaner I met was a former inmate from Robben Island exiled in Limeyland. The second was on the run in Europe for dodging national service. The third was one who grew up in a bilingual family who objected to being forced to study Afrikaans rather than English. 

In the meantime I'm still waiting to see if the campaigns in Rome to Victory will be set in the mountains, the valleys, or rolling farmlands.

Sounds like you did not meet too many in your 400 years. Late 19th, early 20th Century would have been a good time to go and have a look. Later, you might even have been starring in a highly recommendable classic movie.

23 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

Damn, that's disappointing to hear. Will they just have generic US voices or nothing at all?

Oh FFS.....Guess someone will have to fix that.  :rolleyes:

Please god tell me they will at least get their own voice slot and they don't share the American files?

@37mm.....Looks like I'm going to need even more of your assistance if 'Banana Republic' is ever going to get off the ground!  :P

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead