Syrian requesting fire mission sounds

In CMSF stock game, I do not think there is a voice when requesting a fire mission. Is it correct? Perhaps we do not know the exact Syrian's procedure.

Anyhow, playing a little with the HQS sound mod, I have copied over the files from:

• .../voices/United States Armed forces/american requesting fire mission over *.wav

to:

• .../voices/Syrian Arab Armed Forces/arabic requesting fire mission over *.wav

And, now, I can hear the Syrians speaking when requesting fire mission. Is it how it works meaning the engine checks the name of the file to associate it to an ingame action?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@37mm has added 'Red' (Vietnamese) voices to forward observers in the CM:SF2 'Heaven & Earth' mod.....Not sure where he found the files, but he may be able to point you in the right direction for something suitable for Syrians. 

I just checked & found these in my mod folder, presumably part of an unfinished mod for some video I was considering making... I think I got 'em from Project reality.

It should be noted that all voice files found in the Blue forces can have arabic equivalents (including voices for incoming artillery & grenade battles, burning vehicles... stuff like that)... a fact which Heaven & Earth has taken advantage of.

Edited by 37mm

15 hours ago, 37mm said:

I just checked & found these in my mod folder, presumably part of an unfinished mod for some video I was considering making... I think I got 'em from Project reality.

It should be noted that all voice files found in the Blue forces can have arabic equivalents (including voices for incoming artillery & grenade battles, burning vehicles... stuff like that)... a fact which Heaven & Earth has taken advantage of.

Great thanks, do you know if there is a limit to the number of possible voices? For example, for american requesting fire mission over *.wav, there are 6 files from "american requesting fire mission over 0.wav" file to "american requesting fire mission over 5.wav" file. Do you think that the engine will read a "american requesting fire mission over 6.wav" without problem?

The reason I am asking is that I would like to combine @Mord voices mod with HQS 3.1 mod.

13 hours ago, Liveload said:

Very nice. I'll go through those files in the near future and see if I can roust up a Syrian dialect to record...

I am wondering if Google translation may help us to record the exact sentence that we would like to fill all the gaps.

2 hours ago, ncc1701e said:

Great thanks, do you know if there is a limit to the number of possible voices? For example, for american requesting fire mission over *.wav, there are 6 files from "american requesting fire mission over 0.wav" file to "american requesting fire mission over 5.wav" file. Do you think that the engine will read a "american requesting fire mission over 6.wav" without problem?

Technically there are no limits to how many you can add. So you should be fine.

Mord.

On 9/3/2019 at 2:57 AM, 37mm said:

I have tried adding those voices in CMSF2 in Z folder but they does not play well. Requesting a fire mission as Syrians plays a weird sound. Is it working on your side?

45 minutes ago, ncc1701e said:

Thanks for the tip but I have checked with iTunes and those files are using 44.100 kHz. I can't see a difference with a working WAV files. Really strange... 

iTunes, pah!

Malicous bloatware, nothing more!

I just checked the first file... it was at 11025 Hz.

Sounds like @Lethaface fixed it.

2 hours ago, Lethaface said:

I have converted them to 44100 with audacity. I know for sure at least one works, so I guess the rest does too. Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rlvbosi5qni2cep/AAATY4XOlG1jGbgCikcIq3Jga?dl=0

Works fine now - thanks a lot

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

iTunes, pah!

Malicous bloatware, nothing more!

I just checked the first file... it was at 11025 Hz.

Sounds like @Lethaface fixed it.

Bah - I have checked the properties of the wav.* files but, yes, may be iTunes is not something good for this...

@Lethaface and @37mm could you please recommend me the right tool for next time ? 🙂

Not really an expert. Just figured the bitrate is something that is convertable, and since I was just playing some Red v Red battle I had some incentive. Downloaded Audacity tool, fiddled with it and voila some 44100 wav's. I did save them in 16bit, not sure if better quality etc can be achieved. However, they seem to work and that was all that I needed :)