CMFI Rome To Victory Beta AAR - Indian Infantry / South African Armour

5 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

They are mainly from dutch origin.

They're not, are they? Well blow me down with a fevva, I'd 'ave nevva Adam 'n' Eve'd it, if you ''adn't told me.

I do remember once being in Het Scheepvaartmuseum in Amsterdam overhearing an Englishwoman exclaim "Oh, I thought that they were our friends", when she saw a painting of The Battle of the Medway. All good fun.

Minute 1:00-0:59:

Commandant Litson only had to wait a short time after getting back into his tank to hear reports. His armoured recon came under mortar fire as soon as they reached the edge of the woods. Not long after that reports came in from members of the assault gun troop that there was a bunker observing them from the hill at KT3. We are lucky they didn't drop shells on the infantry. A quick check with Lt Col Ram Singh shows his men are not under fire and the crossing of the river is proceeding.

Things begin to happen pretty much right away. The armoured recon units come under mortar fire as soon as they near their positions. The enemy must have known we were forming up (Aside: Bud sent me an email saying he was sorry for the first turn barrage – he made a mistake. Since it had little effect I said no to worry – well weave it into the story).

20190901074859-e283da70.png

The assault gun troop spot a bunker on the hill.

20190901075247-3af8ccd1.png

The guys with the 105mm cannons are pretty much the perfect troop to spot a bunker :)

20190901075434-8ddd4f60.png

12 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Thanks. I did look them up, but apart finding out that there was such a unit as the 24th Battalion Sikh Regiment, I couldn't find any other info.

Yes, same here. I am pretty sure they were assigned a division in the India army but I could not find details. I did not read a lot just sifted through the wikipedia pages in Italian campaign, Indian Army and the Sikh regiment. I am sure the details are out there but I had enough info for our make believe scenario.

3 hours ago, IanL said:

Minute 0:59: Orders

The assault gun troop will rearrange the selves to make sure no friendlies are between them and the bunker and then open fire.

20190901075705-7368dce1.png

The armoured recon will have to shift right to stay away from the mortar fire.

20190901075747-c35bcff2.png

Infantry recon commence the river crossing.

20190901075832-7e8a1410.png

Any chance of more screenshots from Italy, and less from Telegraphpole Land?