Cannot post pictures in Battlefront Forum

JulianJ

I am unable to post images on the site which means I can't post screenshots of games or mods, nor can I post pictures of a castle I was at recently.  I've tried hosting on mediafire and dropbox. I disabled my ad blocker so I don't think it can be that.  I've used up my files allocation so I can only post from external URLs. Nothing shows up.

Any suggestions please? It's quite frustrating.

The server space for external users to host pictures is limited on the site.

I recommend Flickr (which gives you 1000 pictures capacity for free) or imgur, which does not impose limits but does compress pictures causing a moderate reduction in quality, or google photos, which if you follow their size limits will not restrict how many you can upload.

Edited by Bud Backer
Grammar

• 8 months later...

I don't know about Google specifically, but usually it's a case of copying the URL of the hosted image, then clicking the 'Insert other media' tab in the bottom right of the forum's text window.  Select 'Insert image from URL', paste your image's URL there, and Bob (should be) your uncle.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 1 month later...

I have "solved" this.  Imgur works, I can post externally hosted pix from that source. The only problem I see is that Imgur deletes pix after a period of time, whereas Mediafire does not (it seems) so any pix there will end us disappearing...as they do from other threads, which is frustrating, if you find a thread from times gone by that you are interested in.  Eg all of Kieme's pictures have gone, so you don't have the screenshots of his works, so you can decide if you want to download a mod or not - you have to go through the downloading/installing process before you can find out anything about it.