Aris M4A1 "Mid" not appearing?

I am playing the tutorial (2 - shooting range) in CMFI and I have both of Aris' M4A1 Early and Mid mod folders in my /Data folder, but the M4A1 Mid in this particular mission is still the "vanilla" version. Does anyone know if this is an issue for just this mission or is there something broken with the M4A1 Mid?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Wicky said:

Have you created a 'Z' folder to hold mods in the data folder?

Yessir I have, which is where I placed the Juju UI mod and others. I also placed Aris' M4A1 Mid mod folder in there just in case, but the modded version does not appear in the training mission. I set up a custom battle and the M4A1 Mids in that custom battle have the modded graphics, but for some reason I cannot figure out, the M4A1 in the training mission (#2) do not.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Are the mods designed for this specific game?  When one uses mods from one game in another, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Yes - the M4A1 mods in question have the CMFI tag and are here:

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=873

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=869

I have added both of these folders to /Data and to /Z. Neither triggers the modded decals in the Tutorial mission #2. It's not a game-breaker I am just trying to understand which M4A1 "Mid" unit is in the TOE and how many M4A1 "Mid" models there are if this particular one in the mission does not match either of the mods linked above. 

31 minutes ago, Erwin said:

The other issue can be the weather and/or the scenario date.  I have had a hard time getting some mods to appear in games cos there is a difference between [cold] and [snow] and [mud] etc etc and even the date of the scenario.  

This makes sense. Strangely, though, many other modded vehicles appear in the "Firing Range" scenario, just the M4A1 Mids do not.

Dealing with mods has become a PITA as they accumulated over the years. Some mods no longer work when a game is upgraded/updated.  But, to find out which you basically have to experiment with all of them - which is a full-time job if one has hundreds, or even thousands.  I collected every mod ever made, but after a few years realized it's easy to spend more time on mods than playing the game.  :(    

39 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Dealing with mods has become a PITA as they accumulated over the years. Some mods no longer work when a game is upgraded/updated.  But, to find out which you basically have to experiment with all of them - which is a full-time job if one has hundreds, or even thousands.  I collected every mod ever made, but after a few years realized it's easy to spend more time on mods than playing the game.  :(    

Spending more time on mods than playing the game defines me fairly well. Which is one reason why I plan to start a gaming dev company when I sell / exit my current business. I want to create a series of SDKs based around AI frameworks so modders can focus on training soldiers, units and crews using data sets from a few hundred thousand gameplay recordings from Twitch and YouTube. This is the modding of the future and will make it possible to have 1,000 vs 1,000 battalion level battles with realistic behavioural models and no need for manual scripting or skinning. Back to work... 😀

CMFI has a LOT of official 'tags' altering textures over time. When the allies jump from Sicily to Italy US vehicles get a [mainland] tag as their armor gets a new camou scheme. The Brits eventually get an [olive] tag when they transition from desert camou to solid color. Add to that [muddy] and [snow] tags where appropriate. And that's not even mentioning the uniforms! Representing the Italian theater over the course of 2 years fighting placed special demands on the developers. It can all be modded, of course, but its not so straightforward as modding CMRT or CMSF2.

Aris did not create a Sicily (tan) version of the M4A1 Mid. Only a mainland (mickey mouse) camo and an OD scheme exist.

Personally I had noticed this a while ago and did some switching and stitching to fix that. Unfortunately I won't have my home PC until the end of the week to share it with you.

Also, here's to hoping he'll be back for R2V. Right now the Brummbars are sticking out like a sore thumb, and so will the new 76 Shermans and StuG IV.

Edited by Frenchy56