No Download URL in Order Email

Hey there folks - I sent a support ticket to BF but I mean, really, no download URL in the order email? Or on my account on the website? The download URL is, quite literally, blank. I paid via PayPal, all confirmed.

Is there a link somewhere to the game .exe and I can enter the license key after installation? Thanks.

BF CMFI no URL.png

As predicted by you guys, John replied to my ticket. The issue was that I ordered the Big Bundle which includes the upcoming new content, so the automated download link was not yet available for that. He sent me a bespoke link to use in the meantime.

One question: I generally use mods when I play games, not because I don't like the game designers' choices but because they always have limited resources. Is there an up to date list of mods for CMFI that you recommend? Thanks!

3 hours ago, Rattenkrieg said:

As predicted by you guys, John replied to my ticket. The issue was that I ordered the Big Bundle which includes the upcoming new content, so the automated download link was not yet available for that. He sent me a bespoke link to use in the meantime.

One question: I generally use mods when I play games, not because I don't like the game designers' choices but because they always have limited resources. Is there an up to date list of mods for CMFI that you recommend? Thanks!

as to recommended that is purely a subjective choice.  Not sure how many different combinations of sounds mods I have seen over the years. ;)  

7 hours ago, Rattenkrieg said:

<snipped>

Is there an up to date list of mods for CMFI that you recommend? Thanks!

In the CM MODS repository, start with; 1) everything by ARIS, 2) all uniforms by VEIN, 3) JUJU's User Interface (UI) mod, 4) MORD's UI faces mod. 

21 hours ago, Rattenkrieg said:

mods for CMFI that you recommend

For me the most important mods are for the icons and the solider status text.

I am partial to my own tactical icons :) but there are a handful of others: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1613

The animated text gives a nice UI enhancement to see what your soldiers are doing. This has not been updated for the latest patches. That reminds me to get off my butt and fix that (I didn't create this one but I seem to have been tapped to keep it updated). Here is the old one so you can see what it does - what ever you do, do *not* install it: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-fortress-italy/cmfi-other/vins-animated-text-mod-for-cmfi-v2-01/