Gearing up for Rome to Victory

Had not played much CMFI lately so decided to mess around.

Set up a QB against the AI on a very small map and selected Italian infantry as my force against a AI attack using forces of its choice.

Normally I hate these things as to what they create.

So the battle starts and I quickly see I am against Canadians with Sherman V's and a little bit of supporting infantry.

I have MMG's and 45 MM mortars,  well perfect stuff to take on Armor, oh I did have two tanks, if you want to call them that. But hey, at least they had a chance of taking out the armor.

But I started this thing , so lets see what I can do with infantry and having to use them in close assaults verse armor.

It came out it had 8 Shermans, and about 20 men in brems and such.

I started hiding all my men behind walls, hedges and in grape vines.

Since the map was very small the AI kept the armor together as it moved to its objectives.

Thus doing a good job of covering its own units if and when I let the infantry attack.

But this turned into one of the funniest battles I have played in a long time. .
My armor only accounted for one enemy tank.

My infantry destroyed 3 Shermans and immobilized 4.

The MMg's kept what little infantry there was at bay.

I used the mortars on the tanks trying to help immobilize them. they accounted for one immobilization and maybe aided in one or 2 others.

In came down to swarming infantry on the armor and close assaulting (Too bad there is no graphics other than HG's flying. but they were busy doing that.)

It cost me 110 Italians, literally using ammo support troops on the mmg's as part of my attacks.

Bloody and fun - sometimes this game really delivers.

When I was done, It was like I started thinking, this would make a great scenario. What a mismatch .

(and amazed that what is or should be the weak side did have strength in only one thing, numbers, the number of men I had to throw at those tanks).