Hapless

Syrian Airborne NVGs bug?

Hello! Syrian Airborne troops seem to be equipped with night vision monoculars and night sights on their weapons, but only have a single piece of night vision equipment in their inventory.

1867840896_CMShockForce22019-08-0921-53-35-662.thumb.jpg.8f8c87ac33be65f853969961fddacb62.jpg

It seems a bit weird because the NATO units have an NVG set for each soldier (ie. 8 sets for an 8 man squad). Plus, the Syrian Airborne appear to have NATO NVGs magically attached to their helmet brims? I can understand how it makes sense to reuse the NATO night vision monocular asset, but in combination with the discrepancy in the inventory it seems off.

297321375_CMShockForce22019-08-0921-54-34-397.thumb.jpg.2ecee415b774262c9bdba3d8fdbea6a3.jpg

I was wondering if all the squad members are supposed to have night vision, whether they're supposed to only have the night optics for their weapons or whether its only the squad leader seen as though they apparently only have one set between them? And more importantly, is it just a graphical bug or can they actually see at night?

1 hour ago, Hapless said:

I was wondering if all the squad members are supposed to have night vision, whether they're supposed to only have the night optics for their weapons or whether its only the squad leader seen as though they apparently only have one set between them? And more importantly, is it just a graphical bug or can they actually see at night?

This one I can answer:

One airborne squad, split into two.

The leader has NVGs, and is on the right. That team can see the enemy, but the other team can not.

BresT5C.jpg

Left hand team, no NVG

wN3h65C.jpg

Right hand team, one NVG

n940kkv.jpg

Which means that it's a graphical bug, essentially. Only the leader should have Night Vision, and it presumably shouldn't manifest as NATO optics.