CMRT SAVEDGAMES NOT LOADING

Erwin

Have just re-installed the latest CMRT from the "all in one" file.  However, SAVED GAMES either freeze the system at about 25% loaded or crash the game to desktop.  Regular scenarios and campaign load ok.

B4 I try and reinstall again, are SAVED GAMES supposed to run on the latest version of CMRT?

I downloaded the "all in one" install versions for all titles a couple of weeks ago assuming that they were the latest.  Do I need to install a patch already?   My CMRT says v2.02 Game Engine 4.

But, yes as IanL surmised these were several games saved from 2014(!) to 2017 and none will load.   (Usually, I get halfway thru playing several campaigns simultaneously and then a new titles is released and of course I jump onto the new game.)  

15 hours ago, Erwin said:

I downloaded the "all in one" install versions for all titles a couple of weeks ago assuming that they were the latest.  Do I need to install a patch already?   My CMRT says v2.02 Game Engine 4.

You have the latest. Version 2.02 engine 4 is the latest version for CMRT.

15 hours ago, Erwin said:

But, yes as IanL surmised these were several games saved from 2014(!) to 2017 and none will load.   (Usually, I get halfway thru playing several campaigns simultaneously and then a new titles is released and of course I jump onto the new game.)  

Yeah you are out of luck with the new version I'm afraid. You can install an older version along side the latest. If you have the older install files around. Just make sure you point the installer to a different directory and now you have two playable versions on your machine. 

As an aside, posters to the forum do seem to do a lot of 'full reinstalls'. I've always found that practice a bit perplexing. I don't know if (outside of Beta testing) I've ever been in a position where I needed to wipe a CM title off the computer and begin again. I'll admit I'm not the most computer literate guy on the chat group. Perhaps there's a totally legitimate reason to do it. I'm just not sure what it is.