Hammertime! re-done for SF2

4QoYnmy.jpg

Background

This is an updated version of the popular CMSF scenario ‘Hammertime’. This updated version uses the NATO German ‘Halte! Hammerzeit’ map – which I remade for CMSF2. The updated map saw the orginal map receive a significant re-work mainly adding terrain elements that were available in SF2 – key one being water, but I also added a variety of trees and bushes, and made use of the new additional terrain tiles.

For history buffs the original SF ‘Halte! Hammerzeit’ was in itself a different flavour of the original SF ‘Hammertime’ substituting NATO German units for the US units. Everything else remained the same (RED OOB; Orders; Victory conditions; AI Plans etc).

So to turn the wheel full circle this SF2 version of ‘Hammertime’ substitutes the US units for the NATO German units from the SF2 ‘Halte! Hammerzeit’. Everything else remains the same (RED OOB; Orders; Victory conditions; AI Plans etc).

This can be played either side vs the AI (but I’d suggest playing BLUE vs RED is the optimum for AI play) or H2H.

About the Scenario

The brigade has just conducted a deliberate attack against a stationary enemy Guards mechanised infantry battalion on Objective Anvil. The brigade's attack was a success, encountering less resistance than expected. However, Division intelligence reports indicate that there are strong enemy mechanised forces arrayed in and around "The Big Smoke" a large populated town just off "Route 66", situated on the east side of the canal. It is thought likely that this force has armour and AT support.

You are "Hammer 6", the task force commander of mech heavy TF 1-40. Your task force consists of 'Charlie' company, and 'Panzer 1'. The battalion scout platoon - call sign "Hawkeye" has been attached to your task force for this mission.

The Brigade TF commander wants to capitalise on the success of the earlier attack immediately - driving forward through Phase Line Bill and Phase Line Jane to seize the town of "The Big Smoke". Your task force is currently the spearhead of the brigade and is moving north along the axis of "Route 66" towards "The Big Smoke", with the line of the canal on your right flank. 

This sector, as you can see from the map, is moderately populated open mixed farmland with small bermed fields, wooded plots, and dotted with multiple farmsteads. Due to the area of marshland, and flooding in heavy rain the roads are elevated on berms. The town of "The Big Smoke" sits on the eastern bank of the canal.

It is currently 0600Hrs. "Hawkeye" has just radioed that they have arrived in "Small Ville". No enemy forces have been encountered...

Link to download

Hi George...  Is this a "new, new" version, or the same version we chatted about a week or so ago?

(I just finished playing "v6" and it was xnt fun.  So, will be a bit sad if this is an improved version as am not sure if it's suitable for replaying.)

Edited by Erwin

28 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Hi George...  Is this a "new, new" version, or the same version we chatted about a week or so ago?

(I just finished playing "v6" and it was xnt fun.  So, will be a bit sad if this is an improved version as am not sure if it's suitable for replaying.)

Glad you enjoyed the original. This is a complete remake for SF2 - revised and updated map (water, all new terrain tiles as SF2)  - new Red OOB and multiple AI Plans using triggers- so enough changes made to play like a new scenario I think. But maybe not right away if you just played the original.

Edited by George MC

Yeah, it's the big one (4.8km2).....Been on it for months.  :rolleyes:

I'm making it up as I go along (referring to images here & there) so connecting up all my 'little ideas' and blending it into a whole is taking me a while.....What sort of timescale would you expect to get a (fairly complex) map of that size done?

PS - It looks kind of flat in that screen shot, but it really isn't.....Water is elevation 5, the highest tile is 97.  ;)

11 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yeah, it's the big one (4.8km2).....Been on it for months.  :rolleyes:

I'm making it up as I go along (referring to images here & there) so connecting up all my 'little ideas' and blending it into a whole is taking me a while.....What sort of timescale would you expect to get a (fairly complex) map of that size done?

PS - It looks kind of flat in that screen shot, but it really isn't.....Water is elevation 5, the highest tile is 97.  ;)

A fairly complex map 4.8km square? hhmmm... if a historical based one could take me up to six months - depending on how much and quality of info I have on the location. If doing it from memory then couple of months plus (maps with villages always take aaaagggeeesss!!!). All really depends on my time available though. I'm bit constrained with free time now so everything takes longer!

15 minutes ago, Erwin said:

George:  All Objectives are labeled "GUN".  No PISTOL, RIFLE or CANNON as in the briefing.

Argh! Good catch. Don't know what i did there - hopefully should be correct version now uploaded...

Edited by George MC