RPG reloading

Playing with RPG 7 and/or RPG 29 teams, I have a little problem with orders. I would like my RPG guy to go in one position, then shoot his rocket and immediately run away to another position.

My problem is that sometimes the RPG guy wants to reload the next rocket before saving his life i.e. moving to the next position.

Does anyone have a foolproof method to prevent the RPG guy from reloading?

Thanks

Edited by ncc1701e

Try with issuing the unit a 10-15 seconds pause (depends on the system and how much time is required to acquire the target, shoot and in case of guided missiles- guide) and then a movement order. I use it with RPG's and ATGM's, it usually works.

17 hours ago, ncc1701e said:

My problem is that sometimes the RPG guy wants to reload the next rocket before saving his life i.e. moving to the next position.

Does anyone have a foolproof method to prevent the RPG guy from reloading?  

Not fool proof but I think the Fast movement command will generally make the troops prioritize movement over reloading.  Soft factors will also play a role in how strictly, or not, troops follow their orders. 

• 5 weeks later...

After few tests, it works. To be sure, the guy won't reload its RPG, you need to insure the next move order (can be anything FAST, QUICK, ...) is ordered BEFORE the RPG guy is firing.

Right now, I am doing the following combination with success:

1. Order your RPG team a SLOW movement toward a given position
  2. Give 10-15 seconds PAUSE order in this position
  3. Order your RPG team a FAST or QUICK movement toward your fallback position

Playing in real time, I was sometimes not planning enough in advance the retreat of my guys...

7 minutes ago, ncc1701e said:

Right now, I am doing the following combination with success:

1. Order your RPG team a SLOW movement toward a given position
  2. Give 10-15 seconds PAUSE order in this position
  3. Order your RPG team a FAST or QUICK movement toward your fallback position

I do something similar with my tanks, so as to increase their survival rates against various atgm's.

@Erwin I realize now that I wasn't precise enough in my reply.

What I tend to do is plan the movement of the atgm team a turn or two ahead (depends on distance and situation). The important point is that the atgm is set up by the turns end and preferably oriented towards the target. After that, it is just the matter of issuing a target, a pause order (10-15 seconds, dependent on the system and distances) and an movement order. It works for me. @slysniper can confirm, he was at the receiving end of atgm fire, mostly from a single atgm team.

Shoot 'n Scoot FTW.  B)

On 8/28/2019 at 9:48 AM, Erwin said:

In another thread Sgt Squarehead noted that this doesn't work with ATGM teams.  If they move to a location and have a PAUSE then a move order to another location, the never seem to fire (he reported).

Nope, go back & read the thread again, it wasn't me.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead