La Fiere Causeway

More usefully.  There are a number of scenarios  for the airborne and there is a campaign Road to Montebourg. Probably some others as well so no you don’t have to get your fix elsewhere. I don’t believe there is a specific campaign for La Fiere. Not yet anyway 

There are two scenarios that were created some time ago, which were available on greenasjade. Hopefully once Bootie has sorted every thing out with his new mods site they will be on there. One of the scenarios is set on 6th June, the other on the 9th. The designer had to use PzII Lynx tanks to replicate the Hotchkiss that appeared in CMx1. But, both battles are a lot of fun in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, user1000 said:

If a mod was made for CMBN Market Garden Module  Vote me in on on a module that focuses on the cotentin peninsula and it's battles.  I know, I know, people will say it can already be achieved with what's already out. I believe this was in all somewhat missed. This is my hope to see some older french and german equipment in use.

Why would one need a module?  A battle pack maybe but anyone can start working on scenarios.  No need to wait on BF.  

In case people didn't see this, there is a major movie in the works specifically on the fight for La Fiere. Written by Dale Dye (yes, him, whose credentials include 30 novels), it is intended to show what the paratroopers and glider infantry did before the troops hit the beaches.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/tom-hanks-2.html?fbclid=IwAR39nQLkxIWXOpXfq3D4pvxt0Pkbx2jYTZ8hVU4gJxbF9xjnVfdUd7DZtwU

On a related note, some of you may find seeing La Fiere wargamed in miniature of interest. A JOP is a Jumping Off Point. They may be loosely thought of as spawning points, but there is no respawn. These are merely covered locations under friendly control. Loss of even one can be crippling because of it what does to deployment possibilities. There is a patrol phase before the battle proper in which both sides seek to advantageously position their JOPs while constraining the foe's. 

Three pics here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2633329096700273&set=pcb.2339703402912516&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Seven more here with battle begun!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1444501242432741/search/?query=la fiere&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

The film was originally slated for release to coincide with June 2019 75th D-Day anniversary.  That didn't happen and there has been no new projected release date.

Background - La Fierre Causeway

Seems to be looking for some kind of support - No Better Place to Die by Dale Dye.

@John Kettler - please know that your Facebook hyperlinks are blocked from everyone who is not a Facebook member.  They are not generally accessible to the rest of us.

Edited by Badger73

Badger73,

What a royal pain that is. Let's see if brute forcing the matter works.

This is the first batch. If people want more, please let me know. Text is from the OP. This is the map before anything is on it. 

Don Avis

Today we’re at La Fière as the 82nd Airbourne attempt to hold off the German 91st Air Landing Brigade on DDay.

67203559_2633329116700271_78650870704216

66934749_2633329180033598_24296310877401

67414560_2633329226700260_46397432831305

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Badger73,

You're most welcome. Am in the process of getting my own game table ready and on the CoC Wargame FB group, there is layout after layout after layout, all stunning, each distinctly different in approach, making me feeling acute GTIS (Game Table Inadequacy Syndrome) which I typically express in terms of talking restraining myself from burning mine.The one here is a sterling example of what I mean. At least part of what you see here is scratchbuilt. 

Regards,

John Kettler

25 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

Have yet to read his second book, but brother George tells me it's really good. 

All four kickass. I read them when I first got into CMBO back in 2000. Along with Audie Murphy's book they are my favorite memoirs from WWII.

Mord.

Edited by Mord