Mord's Shock Force Portraits

21 minutes ago, Splinty said:

I finally finished going through all your portraits. WOW! What awesome stuff you have hidden in there. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication, man!

Thanks, brother! That's great to hear. I especially wanted to give the Syrian factions different faces for each sub-group. I lucked out (or not LOL) big time coming across that graph with all the factions. That's really what spurred that decision. I figured players/designers could use whatever they wanted, pitting whomever against Coalition forces or Civil War etc.

Have any particular favorites?

Mord.

2 hours ago, Mord said:

Have any particular favorites?

Mord.

HA!  For when you are feeling recovered for Iraq

Shiite
-Badr corps
-Jaysh al Mahdi

Iranian Special Groups -  Iranian Quds Force, part of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps
    After the Mahdi Army's disbandment in 2008, the Promised Day Brigades emerged as its successor; however, the largest special group to emerge after the Iraq spring fighting of 2008 was Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq (also known as the Qazali Network)

Sunni
-Ansar al-Islam
-Ansar al Sunna (Jaysh Ansar al Sunna after Nov 2003) 
-Abu Musab al-Zarqawi’s Tawhid wal-Jihad

former Ba’athist resistance groups, led by Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri and his rival Mohammed Yunis al-Ahmad
-Jaysh Muhammad (Army of Muhammad) - broken up into 4 units
  -The Awda (Return) Battalion was comprised of Ba’ath Party civilian cadres from the Hizb al-Awda (Party of the Return)
  -the Fedayeen Battalion was drawn from the Fedayeen Saddam
   -the Army Forces General Command Battalion from remnants of the Iraqi military
   -the Mujahideen Battalion from foreign fighters who remained loyal to the Iraqi Ba’ath after the fall of the regime.

-Jaysh al-Islami (Islamic Army of Iraq). After the regime collapsed, a former Iraqi military intelligence colonel named Mohammed Kazem al-Janabi founded the organization in an effort to carry out the Iraqi intelligence service’s final orders to continue fighting in the event coalition forces prevailed. Its members were drawn primarily from the Janabi, Ubaydi, and Zobai tribes

-Armed Group of al-Qaeda in Fallujah under a commander known as Abu Iyad.

<yes Mord and my favourits are...

Balkan 80 Croatian Serbian Bosnian portraits including civilian...

Israely Arabs War : Israely Syrian Egyptian Lybian Palestinian Jordanian Irakian (not the same as you already did) , but I will tell you the Module later 😤 

and to continued...>

:) 

If you want the sympathy of the masses, you must tell them the most stupid and raw things.

In the world, there are 10 types of people. Those who understand this message and the others.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:50 PM, sburke said:

HA!  For when you are feeling recovered for Iraq

Shiite
-Badr corps
-Jaysh al Mahdi

blah blah blah...

The only chance of that ever happening is if someone else hunts down those pics, deletes the backgrounds and turns them into pngs. That's how I completely lucked out with DC's CW stuff. He'd already done a HUGE amount of the tedious crap. Just about everything he gave me was a png file. I barely did any deleting. I was able to use that time adjusting and shrinking and fitting etc. His notes and prep work on the BN and FI mods is bow-worthy.

The only reason all that Syrian stuff was added was because I found a single giant bmp with ALL the symbols on it assembled by factions (minus a few I found by researching other stuff). I then cut each faction section into separate sections and saved them. Then I cut each symbol out of that section, deleted the backgrounds, saved to a png file, then put them into the template and made a copy. I took one and kept it bigger for a background, adjusting it to best show itself behind the portraits. I then took the other and shrank it down and placed it for the small patch pics. ALL that before I could make a portrait. If I'd had to hunt all those down I'd still be making the mod.

I did a form of the above for every single patch in that mod except for about a quarter of the Army colored patches, 'cause I already had some from BN and FI.

See why I am not jumping out of my skin at the thought of more? LOL.

AND all that is nothing compared to what it takes to make ONE German shield! Thank the Mod Gods it's a one time process! But still a massively, massively laborious process.

Mord.

• 3 weeks later...