Wtf

sburke

One should use words carefully.  "reduce the number of people" might be better stated as "reduce population growth".  We can all reduce the population right now, by killing ourselves or more horribly, others.  When one speaks of "too many people" one always means "too many OTHER people".  Yes, population, in many places is the world, is outstripping the resources, or at least the resource structure, and that's going to be a big issue this century.

20 hours ago, sburke said:

Actually no it isn’t hard to prove. There is plenty of data. The scary part of our models is we are only beginning to realize there are accelerants we missed. Meaning the target dates and goals were likely far too optimistic and the reality is the tipping point isn’t ahead, but already behind us.  Now it is simply a question of adapting  

That's my thinking too. A lot of the ideas being put forward to combat climate change are good. But they should have been done fifty years ago. Now, if we don't enact far more radical ideas, we will simply be overwhelmed.

:(

Michael

1 minute ago, Michael Emrys said:

Another of those good ideas that should have been put in motion 50 years ago.

It is already in motion since decades ago. Though seemingly not to the effect that it reversed the tide.

That wrapped it up, I will withdraw from this topic now, it wasn't too bad. :)

1 minute ago, Kevin2k said:

It is already in motion since decades ago. Though seemingly not to the effect that it reversed the tide.

That wrapped it up, I will withdraw from this topic now, it wasn't too bad. :)

Wait no, we haven’t resolved what is gonna happen to the wine industry! But yeah this thread skirted far more than my beer influenced boredom expected. Good idea to let it fade out. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, danfrodo said:

The reality is still that blanket statements that govt doesn't solve anything is simply a fun thing to say w no meaning in real life.  It's like when a lib says corporations are all evil.  Those are both just silly.

I wasn't aware we were going to solve the world's problems on a game forum.