Custom 3D Models and Mods Compilation

Tents are especially useful as they could see usage in almost every scenario and every Combat Mission game.

I offered to create a CH-47 if one goes for the creation of the Battle of Takur Ghar, Afghanistan

It also looks like others now gained the skills required and are working on their custom models, so I hope soon to see their work releasing too. If you struggle you´ll find my Discord in one of the posts.

I know I said several times that I want to step back but when you come up with a great idea you simply want to test it.  I tested motorcycles with a driver & a Schwimmwagen, a barrage baloon, complete vehicle checkpoints, or Dubai style skyscrapers. One great idea opened up another great idea. There is simply no end of great ideas with this method. It also was indeed making for exciting breaks from my RL stuff. Perhaps @sbobovyc will even open up further ways to explore.

So like already described in a post, I want only do jobs now for people working on campaigns and scenarios (Modern & WW2 alike). Despite this I might do the Glider if one manages to convert it. Everyone feel free to use & mod these creations for your projects without asking. Other designers feel free to use this thread for your creations and ideas.

Have fun with the methods & creations. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1tviryry89g6py7/AAAJpSvGH6u1iEx4WzwVLSnJa?dl=0

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agho21MGTssHaTHHgpIcaQWqWpU?e=m0KdgK

Edited by Aquila-CM

4 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Any one else stumble on this yet?

http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/model-41034.html

I've actually suggested to BFC that they create rubble dioramas like this that we could place in the editor. So much more immersive than what we get when a building is blown up.

Mord.

12 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Ah, sorry I know I lied but I just couldn't resist posting one more.

http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/model-14203.html

Damnit why had to come up with this. I was looking for something like them and this idea is too good for CM to let it pass.

CM MODULAR BILLBOARD PACK (Modern + WW2 )

V4AZPR9.png

Removed Feet (for attaching on buildings and walls)

1Avhjl7.png

Removed Lights

7NYLWm5.png

1) Lights and/or Feet can be quickly removed by switching textures (included)

2) The small yellow stickers can be retextured or quickly removed (included)

3) 5 Billboards included which all call their own dedicated texture. This means you can all 5 give them different posters and use them at the same time. In the release all 5 posters look the same but you can freely edit them to your needs.

4) Download in the Cloud

Despite commercials here are some further ideas how you can utilize them:

Factory/Shop/Facility Sign

Rptxt5l.jpg

kE8ecFx.jpg

3AMYnK8.jpg

Information Billboard

Q98qwl9.jpg

Graffiti

RvUJUK2.jpg

WW2/modern Propaganda

ovezDgu.jpg

Public Information/Subway

TcD2AyU.jpg

Military information/notifications/warnings/signs

UaG6RoQ.jpg

Edited by Aquila-CM

48 minutes ago, Aquila-CM said:

Damnit why had to come up with this. I was looking for something like them and this idea is too good for CM to let it pas

V4AZPR9.png

Removed Feet (for attaching on buildings)

That's one mighty nice looking billboard 😃

56 minutes ago, Aquila-CM said:

Damnit why had to come up with this. I was looking for something like them and this idea is too good for CM to let it pass.

LMAO! EVERY time Sequoia posts I find five other things in the link that would look awesome in game. It's a rabbit hole the size of the Grand Canyon.

The guardrail looked incredible (bottom right of the same link as the billboard). Pretty sad when you get excited about a "guardrail!"

Mord.

Edited by Mord

4 hours ago, Aquila-CM said:

+1  YES!!  This is some useful stuff.  Thanks. 

On 7/26/2019 at 7:35 PM, Aquila-CM said:

Workshop Building (created with the Vietnam mod in mind but kept neutral enough that you also could expect this building in rural Syria or in WW2 Normandy/Italy/everywhere. Use as a pure flavor object or combine it with a building.

Bpzmv7z.png

Yep, i'll definately be grabbing that.

In regards to my own experiments could you go into a little more detail with regard this "triangulation" step... I just can't seem to get it to work.

In particular are there any blender UI changes I should be looking for so as to determine whether or not "triangulation" has even occured?

SwatiSS.png

I'm assuming this is an example of the "perforation" artifacts you spoke of (if the step has been missed).

US Marines M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle (IAR)

- Marines´ new infantry rifle, based on the HK416

- wanted to at least once try & create a weapon

- blender file includes the M16´s standard ACOG and a front grip as alternative attachments.

- the body would look even greater but it doesn´t load its texture located in the m27iar_txt.bmp. I guess this has something to do with UVs but I don´t know much about textures.

- the alignment could be refined.

- original weapon status icons included but need to me modded. Weapon name can be changed in the strings.txt

- feel free to mod/fix this weapon.

- download in the cloud

- For creators: it seems that weapons with grenade launchers are modelled in fact as two weapons in Combat Mission. One with the rifle as "weapon" and one with the launcher as "weapon", both models look the same. I guess the game engine switches between the two seperate weapons while players won´t notice due to the same model. Keep this in mind when replacing Weapons with GLs. However this also opens new options: I guess you could replace the grenade launcher weapon completely with a new weapon (for example with a M79 dedicated grenade launcher). The infantry man then would use its M16 for regular small arms fire and occasionaly cram out its M79 to get a grenade off. Not tested. 

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

SwatiSS.png

I'm assuming this is an example of the "perforation" artifacts you spoke of (if the step has been missed).

Your custom model is almost ready. This issue is not difficult to fix. All models in CM require triangulated faces. What you have to do:

- Go into blender and select a model part

- point the cursor towards the model/3d screen

- press "TAB" you now in Edit Mode

- press CTRL+T, the model part will be automatically triangulated. (For your personal confirmation: In the left interface something with "beauty" should appear and you may notice additional triangle lines appearing in the model)

- repeat this for every model part

Not all custom 3d models require to be triangulated but when working on a new custom 3D model select a big part and test this step once to see if additional triangle lines appear in the model. If this happens chances are high that you need to do this for every part, if no new lines appear chances are high that the model is good to go right from the bat.

Edited by Aquila-CM

Happy to see more modders taking a crack at this. I'd give it a go myself if I had more time. Do I assume correctly one can't implement the billboards as one can, say helmets or posters, by numbering different graphics? E.g. poster-1, poster-2 , which will display random graphics in game of the numbered graphic files.

1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

Of course one could have different  billboards in different flavor object slots.

On 7/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, Aquila-CM said:

3) 5 Billboards included which all call their own dedicated texture. This means you can all 5 give them different posters and use them at the same time. In the release all 5 posters look the same but you can freely edit them to your needs.

4 minutes ago, sburke said:

question on these and likely flavor objects in general.  What is the distance for LOD on these?  Was messing with the cargo ship as a backdrop and it seems it is only visible within a couple blocks of the waterfront.  Is that expected?

When replacing flavor objects its important to keep the draw distance of the original in mind. Replacing the crate1.mdr with the blackhawk isn´t a good idea as it will go invisible to quick. The biggest draw distance is provided by flavor objects such as "street (traffic) lamp" and "shelter" etc. It can also be an alternative to better replace an unimportant vehicle (taxi) and give it a destroyed condition, as vehicles have excellent draw distances.

16 hours ago, Aquila-CM said:

Your custom model is almost ready. This issue is not difficult to fix. All models in CM require triangulated faces. What you have to do:

- Go into blender and select a model part

- point the cursor towards the model/3d screen

- press "TAB" you now in Edit Mode

- press CTRL+T, the model part will be automatically triangulated. (For your personal confirmation: In the left interface something with "beauty" should appear and you may notice additional triangle lines appearing in the model)

- repeat this for every model part

jWk24yW.png

UULLTTTIIMMMMAAAATTTTEEE POWWWWEEEERRRRR!!!