Custom 3D Models and Mods Compilation

12 hours ago, wgbn1968 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsyvjr9olqey98j/AACoHap3J-kfiITIg-mqjCbVa?dl=0

It should be easier to download here. In the first scenario, several times we went through the balcony directly to the second floor. If you download the same version of the Blender as the Aquila video, the plugin works without problems

I don´t have CMSF2 so can´t test your mission setup. But you say you could enter a building via balcony (2nd floor) directly from ground mesh? I know you can exit a building this way, if balcony is "leaning" on ground mesh. But other way round?

Yep, got the Blender plugin working. 😎 Still attempt figuring out object custom properties, which I think are crucial for any objects ingame functionality. I "see" some possible bounding- or hitboxes and maybe data that defines "armored" and not so armored areas. I think a window´s "alpha" data was already discovered by @sbobovyc but which Meta is it exactly? ATM doing some intensive testing with bunker.mdr Meta data and I see a number of differences in game. Though haven´t nailed any specific data yet.

The shelter can be used in any game from the Combat Mission family. The height of the house floors in all games in the series is 2.6-2.7 m. The transition from the surface to the balcony of the second floor (or Vice versa) is unpredictable for a user. It may or may not happen. For some reason, the developers did not make the height of the floors of modular houses at least up to 3 m. And now very comically looks "Marder" looking in the window of the second floor. It has almost no tactical significance, but it hurts the eye.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Eieiei....maybe someone can help?

Tried again to make something with blender.

Downloaded version 2.78 (I was not able to import the addon on the higher versions (2.93)) and imported the addon.

This worked and I was able to open mdr-files.

Now I wanted to make the syrian radio a little bit bigger (it looks like a childrens backback).

Rescaled it with the rescale button (or the resize buttons, tried both). I imported the soviet radio from CMCW as referenz and it looked similar sized.

But when I look at my changed radio in game it is bigger than a tank...drives me crazy that I don't understand this...

Has anyone a advice?

2 hours ago, waffelmann said:

Eieiei....maybe someone can help?

Tried again to make something with blender.

Downloaded version 2.78 (I was not able to import the addon on the higher versions (2.93)) and imported the addon.

This worked and I was able to open mdr-files.

Now I wanted to make the syrian radio a little bit bigger (it looks like a childrens backback).

Rescaled it with the rescale button (or the resize buttons, tried both). I imported the soviet radio from CMCW as referenz and it looked similar sized.

But when I look at my changed radio in game it is bigger than a tank...drives me crazy that I don't understand this...

Has anyone a advice?

The version that @Aquila-SmartWargames propose from Blender compatible with the Python addon (to download) is the version 279b this is the version where he make himself all the videos and tests, personly for the fun but also to following the news  I was trying to download and working with a hight version but this doesnt work,... if somebody can do it, pls let me know !

These version work without problem, have only to install the correct addons...

To change the size of a mesh you have to use the command and taste S for scale 

when you want to export your finish job you have to 

>1 ctrl A to give the correct scale to your job

>2 dont forget >to tick the box export metadata located in lower corner on the screen 

than you are able to save your new mesh, job... in mdr !

if you have some problem let me know I can eventualy help you !

Gute Nacht und bis morgen;

Willkommen in der Welt von Blender wo du dich die Haare ausreißen oder einfach nur lächeln vor freude !😊 

Edited by JM Stuff

On 6/11/2021 at 8:27 AM, waffelmann said:

Thanks for the tips!

I will have a look, when I am back at home.

Hi guy,  it would be interesting for me, to know which version of Blender above 279b you are using, and which for you gives you good results, I was testing some but I dont have good results untill now

I was trying the 281a, 292, !

Thanks in advance

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

2 hours ago, waffelmann said:

Aloha!

I tried 2.93, 2.80rc3 and 2.78a.

Only 2.78a worked for me. The only version where I could import the addon.

Ah ok but why you dont try the version that the guy was propose the version 2.79b official and working is highter and have perhpas more functions as the one that you are using and the addon from Python is just writting for this version,...!?

...but ok when this work for you you can be happy to use the 2.78a !!

You could resolve the problem of the size of your radio ?

I don t want to boring you but if you couldnt resolve the problem I propose to install the version above like Aquila was mentioned plus the Python addons dont forget and export your metadata das is sehr wichtig  perhaps this will resolve your problem ?

Viel Glück und sag bescheid !

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

After trying the higher versions (and get the message that the addon needs a lower version) I took the same version like in the video of sbobovyc (who -I think- made the addon).

Yup- I could resize the sysrian radio in cmsf and the soviet radio in cmrt and change the attachment point.

But it is much trial-and-error and so very exhausting...

Interesting, because I didn't install anything additional excepted of sbobovyc's addon...

Edited by waffelmann
Immer wieder Fehler...

2 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

After trying the higher versions (and get the message that the addon needs a lower version) I took the same version like in the video of sbobovyc (who -I think made the addon).

Yup- I could reize the sysrian radio in cmsf and the soviet radio in cmrt and change the attachment point.

But it is much trial-and-error and so very exhausting...

Interesting, because I didn't install anything additional excepted of sbobovyc's addon...

So I am glad for you 

Immer wieder Fehler... ?? what kind of ??

3 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

Nooo, only bad english in my posts!

Oh Mann this is the minimum, I do also a lot but now I try to be better... so be happy that you can use Blender and create new things, this will let you smile all the time, or almost,...remember... außreisen deine Haare manchmal 😁🥵 ...think only about that you make a big step in the 3d world...

und mach weiter und weiter viel erfolg, falls nicht !! keine Sorge, meine Tür is immer offen...

Freundlische Grüße

JM

Any Blender aficionados out there willing to upsize one of the round Post flavour objects to the size of a minaret? I just need the mdr file, I can do the bmp texturing myself.

I don't care that they are nonfunctional (i.e. units can't ascend or spot from them); MidEast cityscapes just don't look right without them and domed single story building towers are poor substitutes.

شُكْراً جَزيلاً!

2886516.jpg

Edited by LongLeftFlank

17 minutes ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Any Blender aficionados out there willing to upsize one of the round Post flavour objects to the size of a minaret? I just need the mdr file, I can do the bmp texturing myself.

I don't care that they are nonfunctional (i.e. units can't ascend or spot from them); MidEast cityscapes just don't look right without them and domed single story building towers are poor substitutes.

شُكْراً جَزيلاً!

2886516.jpg

I dont working untill with building but when nobody put his hand up with more knowledges as me, I can try to do something,  I will check now with what I can replace it, I guess this is for cmsf isnt ? 

edit because I buy cmcw I think I saw some big tower using for the East German to watching the "iron Curtain "

let me check and I will tell you more...

Edited by JM Stuff