Jump to content
Aquila-SmartWargames

Custom 3D Models and Mods Compilation

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Actually, I saw that the object names are different. Since I kept importing and exporting, they kept getting new names.

670fe43a79.png

Maybe it will work if I remove the numbers.

Edited by Frenchy56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

@Aquila-SmartWargames  I just noticed the guns don't rotate anymore in order to aim. Any ideas?

Perhaps this have something to do with the high of the gun and the muzzle fire...no Idea ? ? ! !

 

I was tried to import mds in 3d Max Autodesk/Cad2019 ZModeler2 they but , they don t reconized the format... nothing happening...

...and all infos that I found about mds file on the net make a reference to an iso disk image, but this is not the kind of mds file that we are talking about, I dont find anything else about mds...any Ideas ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Perhaps this have something to do with the high of the gun and the muzzle fire...no Idea ? ? ! !

 

I was tried to import mds in 3d Max Autodesk/Cad2019 ZModeler2 they but , they don t reconized the format... nothing happening...

...and all infos that I found about mds file on the net make a reference to an iso disk image, but this is not the kind of mds file that we are talking about, I dont find anything else about mds...any Ideas ??

Well, I guess it's just not possible for now. Let's leave it at that.

By the way I did the renaming thing and it works.

Edited by Frenchy56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frenchy56 said:

Well, I guess it's just not possible for now. Let's leave it at that.

By the way I did the renaming thing and it works.

You can be proud ! good job  ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

However I've run into another problem, the limbered model looks like this when limbered to a truck:

I do not have currently access to my gaming machine and to this date didn´t work on towed models but it seems to me that the zeroing fix might be the cause of this. There might be model parts or model markers that are providing coordinates for correct towing positioning, which either shouldn´t be zeroed or require the coordinates to be corrected again after zeroing. 

 

5 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

@Aquila-SmartWargames  I just noticed the guns don't rotate anymore in order to aim. Any ideas?

What you figured out by yourself is correct. If multiple models are loaded into blender, the software attaches numbers to model parts that were already present which can cause bugs. There might be other solutions but for now I recommend to start a new Blender instance and always load the model that is planned to be eventually exported first.

I´ve tackled this issue and methods to prevent it in this tutorial:

On 1/30/2020 at 10:14 PM, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

 

Edited by Aquila-SmartWargames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I see. I guess I'll experiment further on this subject. I haven't seen a marker, so it might be the legs themselves which have that behavior. Interestingly a muzzle marker is still present on the limbered models, even though it isn't supposed to fire.

By the way, the wheels on the 6 pounder become bugged (they change position) once another AT gun type appears. Would you happen to know something about this?

Is there a particular order for applying rotation + scale and position transforms?

Edited by Frenchy56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

By the way, the wheels on the 6 pounder become bugged (they change position) once another AT gun type appears. Would you happen to know something about this?

So this happens once any another AT gun is present on the map. This is new to me and might indicate that there are some sort of dependecies between them in context how the internal engine handles things but for now I don´t have a proper explanation for why and what.

Is there something different with the other AT guns or is just the custom one affected?

Before discovering the zeroing solution I managed complex scaling/rotation modifications by doing it one by one. However it can be a frustrating process that might require multiple exports/imports of the custom model until "everything stays in place".

Do you still have the bugged 6pdr model that didn´t receive zeroing to check if this is indeed tied to the 6pdr´s zeroing/transforming or not.

Edited by Aquila-SmartWargames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

After investigating further it actually happens after an enemy vehicle is spotted, it doesn't have to be an AT gun. This happens to the modified 6 pounders (only the limbered models) but not to the Pak36(r), which is interesting.

It could be for multiple reasons, maybe I exported a screwed up model for one of the 6 pounders or something. I'll remake the mod from scratch with the knowledge I've gained and see how it goes.

Edited by Frenchy56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmmm, well for now I'll try redoing the mod then we'll see.

I could use the US model however the legs are different, and it doesn't have a muzzle brake so I can't use it to replace the Mk IV. I could try to replace the barrel and the legs but for me it would be kinda hard. I could try though, if it comes to that.

Edited by Frenchy56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

After investigating further it actually happens after an enemy vehicle is spotted, it doesn't have to be an AT gun.

Makes more sense, I guess the spotted vehicle is triggering the targeting process of the AT gun which then causes model glitches. This indeed indicates that something got botched in the modding process. My rough guess would be either missed import/export metadata checks or something screwed up by loading multiple times the same model into Blender like tackled in the "Prominent Issues..." tut video.

However without being the author and no inspection of the model it is naturally hard to pinpoint the exact cause.

3 hours ago, waffelmann said:

Maybe Aquila can help? He made crazy stuff with a stuart and a vierlings-flak...

Yes existing CM models (parts) can be combined and if required resized afterwards. There is a "Combining Existing ..." tut video available for that aswell featuring the Stuart Flak idea. I generally recommend to at least skim once all the available documentation and tutorials here. It will save time and effort.

 

Video Playlist for CM 3D Model Editing with Showcases, Workflows, and Tutorials (latter with commentary)

 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlUX4ALH7zTNgpWGBYSFUCnZK-Sf7SCcl

Edited by Aquila-SmartWargames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 2:49 PM, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

I guess the spotted vehicle is triggering the targeting process of the AT gun which then causes model glitches.

That sounds like an animation adjustment needs to be made somewhere in the mod. I really don't believe it isn't anything that the game is doing between AT guns and target in terms of model adjustments - besides the facing.

Look for things like when the and where the wheels are during the glitch, then look for the model part, and any attached animation. Rotation seems a place to start the hunt. Just be sure every part of the model hierarchy is checked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, benpark said:

That sounds like an animation adjustment needs to be made somewhere in the mod. I really don't believe it isn't anything that the game is doing between AT guns and target in terms of model adjustments - besides the facing.

These botched models where for example metadata was missed to be imported or exported bug out as soon as they "move" in some sort this can be start driving or when a AT gun starts to turn/adjust its gun. I think that is the reason why it was perceived here by some that the gun bugs out when an enemy vehicle or unit is present on the map: because it then targets something.

2 hours ago, Ettles said:

Yep, am I missing something?

It here however it is 800mb big and my dropbox is full so if you want it you need to organize something where I can upload it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are, I think, quite a few sites where you can upload files of that size. I think Mediafire and WetTransfer are two popular ones right now. Not sure if they're the best option as I haven't had the need to upload stuff like that recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ettles said:

There are, I think, quite a few sites where you can upload files of that size. I think Mediafire and WetTransfer are two popular ones right now. Not sure if they're the best option as I haven't had the need to upload stuff like that recently.

If you provide me a link directly to a upload page, I can uplink the files and share it to you  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...